The lack of general chat just sucks (cont.x2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
Continue the discussion here after 26 page limit. I respectfully ask that you dont delete this thread like you did last night blizzard right after i created it. I believe it is constructive and im sorry if it upsets you but we want change.

I highly recommend people read this article from diablo incgamers written today

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-great-chat-controversy#more-13519

Blizzard basically showed us there would be a lobby but then took away using words like "confusion and "minunderstood"

Original Thread : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4015163779

Second thread : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4015344357

Poll :http://www.pollpub.com/should-diablo-3-have-public-chat-channels.aspx

Bash Guys original reply :

<span class="truncated" />

It seems there's been some confusion taken from the above statement I made back in September. The chat in Diablo III is exactly as I described, you do all of it in a single window. StarCraft II has a system where each chat is broken out into a separate window, chat program-style, but Diablo III keeps it all in one. The same single window that's used for chat when you eventually jump into a game, too.

As far as having open public channels, there's far more negative to them than positive and we maintain a stance that creating an open chat environment without a social structure behind it is an invitation for moderation and support disasters. Most people that want chat channels though are referring to guild channels, or otherwise channels they themselves can operate and choose to invite others to, and we see those as completely valid forms of chat (there's a social structure backing the channel). As I said, back in September, it's unlikely to be anything we attain for ship, but the social group-type chat features are still very much a desire for the future.

Bash guy tweet from last night

@Bashiok could you elaborate a bit mor on why exactly blizzard thinks that a general open chat channel like inn D2 or SC1 is a bad idea?
@CaptRaven The good is minuscule compared to the bad, and we have to actually support these things...

Bash guy now

Soooooo... hey everyone. How's it going? Good? Weather ok? Great... so, right... You know how sometimes you say something that's stupid and wrong and then people very reasonably get upset and create a lot of threads and discussions and demands with some pretty reasonable reasons for the thing you said wouldn't happen but then it turns out that you're stupid and wrong and the things you said are completely the opposite of what's actually true?

Yeah. So that happened. Public chat channels will be in Diablo III, barring any catastrophe that requires we remove them, because they're already implemented. In fact they'll be in an upcoming beta patch so you'll get to see and play around with them yourselves.

I'm not sure I can offer any explanation as to the incorrectness of my statements, except that I believed them to be correct when I made them. I apologize, and I'll strive to not be stupid and wrong in the future.

More info on the chat feature, and others, to come in the weeks ahead. Thanks for sticking with it, and me.

Problems that are arising:

With a matchmaking system and/or no way to create games with names without descriptions:

-Constantly being put into games that have already completed the quest

-4 players will be thrust into a game some will want to rush and some will want to clear. THis will split the group up and when it comes time to complete said quest the clearers will click no out of protest leaving you to do it (this is not wrong they have the right to do whatever they want its the lack of features that cause this)

- What happens when you reach 60? Are we still to just make games based on quests? Blizzard has been saying that they want us running clearing zones exploring the world they created on a constant basis rather boss run after boss run . How does having a design like this support that belief?

-The whole point of loot is to be able to show it off (for the vast majority). Without a lobby and such how will this happen. We like the thought of someone inspecting us in a lobby or in a game. Parking in game for trades and chilling was a big part of diablo 2

- How are we suppose to make new friends and foster a growing community. You will be constanly putting hardcore players and casual players together and this isnt good for either of them

-Features were taking out so we would return to town more so we would feel like town meant something. This could be done by allowing us to create games

Holy crap, longest running thread ever!??!!

The game creation with players you meet dilema can be solved by just friending them and inviting to play a private.

Je n'arrive pas a croire que l’élite des joueurs de diablo vienne d'avoir cette discussion après autant d’année. Une communauté vraiment pas lumière.

Comme si diablo 2 avais tout les défaut du monde, il ont tout changer et maintenant il demande que se soit comme avant.Sa me fait penser a une ex-conjointe.

Bravo
Yay! This is great news. I've been following this since the first thread and I am so happy to hear that we have made a difference. Here's to having public chat back!
Soooooo... hey everyone. How's it going? Good? Weather ok? Great... so, right... You know how sometimes you say something that's stupid and wrong and then people very reasonably get upset and create a lot of threads and discussions and demands with some pretty reasonable reasons for the thing you said wouldn't happen but then it turns out that you're stupid and wrong and the things you said are completely the opposite of what's actually true?

Yeah. So that happened. Public chat channels will be in Diablo III, barring any catastrophe that requires we remove them, because they're already implemented. In fact they'll be in an upcoming beta patch so you'll get to see and play around with them yourselves.

I'm not sure I can offer any explanation as to the incorrectness of my statements, except that I believed them to be correct when I made them. I apologize, and I'll strive to not be stupid and wrong in the future.

More info on the chat feature, and others, to come in the weeks ahead. Thanks for sticking with it, and me.

We love you anyway, Bash. <3 <3 <3 <3

You have been forgiven, my son.
Late discussion.Shame on you veteran diablo 2 players.

Don't confuse "we" with "I"

Apparently you missed the other 75 pages of threads about this issue. *We* feel this way. If you want to play in foreveraloneland be my guest, but it's a game breaker for most of us. (As evidenced in said posts, and polls).

These chats that Bashiok says are going in a future patch are, obviously, yet to be seen. Hopefully they aren't what SC2 has: woefully too little, too late.

I support all the people asking about future SC2 changes as well. I even admire them for still playing the game. The lack of any sort of social atmosphere drove me from the game in record time for a Blizzard product. (months rather than years).

I agree with a lot of this, well said.
Thanks Bash, really something the community wanted and is getting. Awesome!
Honestly, I never thought much of this when I was playing SC2 on BNet 2.0. I had my hopes up so much for SC2 coming from playing SC1...(played SC1 since 2000 with a few breaks up until the year prior to SC2 release). Sadly, my enthusiasm and interest...lasted for about 3-4 weeks on SC2 and thinking back to why this may have occurred...the OP is right, the Bnet 2.0 UI did have a definitive effect on my interest and ability to play the game and enjoy it. I have WC1-3, SC1, D1-2 on the bookshelf....SC2 is reserved for coaster duty atm...I have no interest to return to the game.

Blizzard, please bring open channels back to the diablo franchise; make it optional feature.
Honestly, I absolutely need to stop seeing all that !@#$ from this thread because if i keep reading your post guys i think i wont buy D3. I was so impatient to get it but now i feel im losing my urge to play and my desire to live in this %^-*ed up world where people can't do a !@#$ing OPEN CHAT ROOM. SO blizzard, we really need custom specific name for our game and open chat room or if not i will hang myself im my closet without any kind of regret.. so plz blizzard its not just a game anymore, its about people's life. nah I'm kidding, but still, we need those things to enjoy D3
Thanks for the info bash! Good news too!