Wiping beta accounts for release?

General Discussion
Anyone know if they are wiping the beta accounts for release so everyone starts on the same page or are they going to give us the very very very minor advantage of keeping the stuff and levels gained? There's really not a big difference between the two except that we can level up the blacksmith..
yes
Everything will be wiped before release, yes. It'll probably also be wiped several times during the remainder of beta, as it has been already.
lol
They probably will wipe out the server and we all start fresh.
02/03/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Cecìl
everyone starts on the same page or are they going to give us the very very very minor advantage of keeping the stuff and levels gained?

Very minor indeed. *snicker*
so people should be given 50 dollars too?
Awwww this must be his first beta. They're so cute when they are young. Well little Cecil let me tell you something. When the actual game is released the beta servers will be completely shut down and useless. In fact the actual Diablo will have all entirely new files which will not require any of the beta files. That means everything you find, all the gold and items, will be lost forever. So in short you will not be given any "minor advantage" and will have to start the game completely over as to have a fair start with everyone else.
And here I was just happy to play a little bit of the game before it's release...
I think that every beta tester who ask this darn question should be forced to wait at least 6 weeks before they are aloud to play when the game comes out.
Of course they are....how can you even ask this? They would never transfer