My (semi) non-gamer GF thought it was to easy

General Discussion
This could easily remedied by firmly placing your palm across the side of her face. Then another if you paid for her copy.

Seriously though i hope you made it clear that this is an unfinished product.
Here's some constructive criticism on the difficulty.

- Bosses are tank and spank. Lots of health, but not a lot of hurt. Requires a very single minded strategy.

- Lots of unintelligent monsters... the entire game is zombies more or less. IIRC they were supposed to be introducing "smarter enemies" compared to D2. Most of the the D3 monsters (in the test) make fallen look pretty fearsome by comparison. This was disappointing.

- Comparing the D3 stress test to the D2 stress test (act 1 normal up to blood raven) it's pretty comparable, however blood raven was maybe 10% of act 1, whereas the devs are saying this is 30 or 50% of the D3 act 1.

Who knows, I'm sure inferno will be challenging and there's always hardcore... but at the same time if you make people grind through nonsense they might not play long enough to realize this.

EDIT: I think what were missing is quick, high damage enemies... like the wraiths, goatmen and oblivion knights of D2. That class of enemy isn't really present in the stress test and it was those types of enemies that added danger to the D2 environments.

What we have it a lot of cannon fodder (zombies and the like) and then some tanky low damage enemies.
ur girlfriend must be dumb as !@#$ then
Think Darwinism. !@#$% will be ^-*!@.
Like everyone says, Normal is the tutorial but it also should keep you playing because you gain skills all the way up to lvl 30, not to mention the story, being your first time through, will also keep you playing because it's intriguing.

And after all this, that's when you go into Nightmare.. and it gets tough.

If anything, I think your gf just isn't even a casual gamer. Games bore her, hence why she quit so quickly.
Leave your girlfriend.

When she asks why you broke up with her tell her that you thought she was too easy and moved on to someone else due to boredom.
Pretty sure if she actually paid money for the game, she'd put more than an hour to find out that it actually DOES get harder.

Edit: Lol @ the post above me.
02/03/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Lendari
- Comparing the D3 stress test to the D2 stress test (act 1 normal up to blood raven) it's pretty comparable, however blood raven was maybe 10% of act 1, whereas the devs are saying this is 30 or 50% of the D3 act 1.
I agree, I think that SK is probably a lot more comparable to say, Treehead Woodfist or Griswold. But how many fights, up to that point, feel honestly challenging? Do you need a potion here and there? Sure. Particularly for Rakanishu, that lightning enchant is dangerous. But likewise, a character that starts naked in D3 will probably have one or two mildly hairy situations where their health gets a little low in D3 before they roll up to SK. I don't think that D3 is very far off what challenge D2 offered up to a comparable point in the game.
I must admit, Demon hunter is too strong. I actually was thinking that my beta had an invince on the character for bug finding purposes. I finally walked into a filled room to watch the blood lower just to be sure. still never used a red potion. I'm hoping this play level is for "EASY" or maybe "WEAK" mode.
Even Demon's Souls tutorial level feels easy. The Witcher 2 is the only recent game that killed me a few times during the tutorial, lol.
Well, it's not like they can do difficulty settings (easy, normal, hard, insane) like other games.
I'm fine playing through the easy areas, doesn't take very long and most of that time is spent getting a feel for the different skills. Diablo II was pretty much the same way.
Might be nice if they put in the old "players x" command, just so you could turn up the difficulty on yourself.
02/03/2012 03:10 PMPosted by D3BETA
The Witcher 2 is the only recent game that killed me a few times during the tutorial, lol.

That's what Geralt gets for sleeping all morning long.

What do you mean he wasn't sleeping?
I've never seen a very casual gamer (sounds like she couldn't even be called that) complain about difficulty. 99% sure this is a troll. I believe that she tried it and didn't like it, but I'm willing to bet that it was the OP who thought it was too easy.
02/03/2012 02:45 PMPosted by RoRo
What did you expect blizzard is trying to appeal to casuals. I won't be surprised if hardcore is made easier

No, they're not. Stop with the hyperbole nonsense. D2 was the same way.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3988401360
The beta is much more linear than the release will be.
Dump her
02/03/2012 02:49 PMPosted by D3BETA
Having a dip at his missus? that guy should knock you out for saying that.. i would.

LMAO at hypermasculinity over teh internets!
diablo 2 = normal == walk thru...never die with 1/2 a brain active

its just running in line with what D2 was like.