First Impressions

General Discussion
I had almost given up on an invite before I received one the other night. After my first play-through I would struggle to find something that I disliked! It was simply fantastic. It has the same feel as the previous two Diablo games!

Some of my favorite updates in Diablo 3:

1) Ability to smash more than one barrel at a time.. I remember in the first Diablo going through entire rooms full of barrels and breaking them one by one. Not only does this save time but the classes feel more powerful smashing through the environment, especially the barbarian.

2) Chests seem less frequent than Diablo 2; especially compared to other things that mostly drop gold such as the floorboards/corpses and therefore feel like more of a treat when you find them.

3) Teleports back to the beginning of the crypts when you found the wrong one. Quite self-explanatory; a nice time saver and a great addition.

4) Side quests/lore were well implemented. Not really a big lore person bug I do like the way you find little bits of stories and can continue your crazed monster killing while they are read aloud.

5) Shared gold/artisan between characters. I guess I cannot count the artisans because they are a new addition to the game, but the gold and shared stash make transferring things between characters much easier and faster than in previous games.

6) Monsters seemed to come from everywhere on my first play-through! It was great and I looking forward to seeing how these entrances are implemented throughout the rest of the game.

7) Artisans seem like they will be a great gold sink; I hope they stay this way as the game progresses keeping the value of gold high for the AH.

8) For those of you concerned about difficulty... Kill a few frozen mobs and then imagine how fun they will be on hell/inferno. I think the difficulty felt about right on my first play-though before out out-geared/out-leveled it. I had a couple close calls which seems about right for the first part of the first act.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things but in short I very much enjoyed the game. It seemed much more like a short play though then a beta as I didn't encounter many bugs. It certainly left me wanting more! Great job guys cannot wait to play the rest!

after reading this, I wish I could play
5) Shared gold/artisan between characters. I guess I cannot count the artisans because they are a new addition to the game, but the gold and shared stash make transferring things between characters much easier and faster than in previous games.

The shared Artisan is a good feature, and I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't seen people complaining about it and how it takes away from individual characters.

3) Teleports back to the beginning of the crypts when you found the wrong one. Quite self-explanatory; a nice time saver and a great addition.

Not just for that either. When you go in regular dungeons there is a portal at the end of them.
I have been playing the beta for about a day.
I must also say that i am having a pretty good time with it.
02/03/2012 06:19 PMPosted by MadChemist
after reading this, I wish I could play

Yeah I can understand, I feel quite lucky to be able to play, but at the same time I know withing a week or two having played the beta is going to leave me wanting the full game even more =$
Good read OP, Kinda wish they include the rest of the world in their mass invites for further stress testing. I got excited when i saw everyone getting invites and thought i'd get a chance. Then they said it was only to NA *sadface*