George Carlin Wisdom and D3

General Discussion
D3 philosophy is pretty much equal to how politicians baby children in America.

George Carlin - There are no losers anymore. Everyone's a winner. Everyone get a medal, everyone gets a ribbon. Everyone's a winner.

This is how I feel about giving players the option to switch out their abilities. The fun of D2 for me was being able to build a character to certain specifications and either win or fail with that build. Then.... I would simply build another and improve upon that character. It added to the replayability of the game.

If I screwed up a build.. then I fixed it with the next character. I did not see the time I spent with the character as "a waste of time."

Giving a player the option to swap out skills on the fly is like giving the underachiever a "Participation Ribbon" in a science fair. You suck but you are still a winner to Blizzard!!! This is all at the expense of the people who really care about taking the game to a "top" level.

That being said... I'll still play the game but it will probably not be a game I'm playing for years and years. Just the fact that you will still be playing the same Barb 2 years down the line that you were playing at launch is disheartening.....
This is how I feel about giving players the option to switch out their abilities. The fun of D2 for me was being able to build a character to certain specifications and either win or fail with that build.

02/03/2012 09:06 PMPosted by SoliSDarK
The fun of D2 for me was being able to build a character to certain specifications and either win or fail with that build.

The fun of D2 for me

for me

I'm sure I've made my point clear. The most UN-fun part of D2 for me was that you can't make mistakes. But since D3 isn't made just for you, or just for me, we will have to use whatever Blizzard has determined is the best.

But hey--you can still re-roll over and over after choosing your 'spec' to simulate that old experience. Since that was what was fun for you, right? Shouldn't matter what others are doing, right?
"Making things better is not a downside."

Say that to yourself in the mirror. If you disagree then you are crazy.
02/02/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Zexion
Eh. I suppose the generation of games not babysitting you through a game is long gone. It's clear the majority of people prefer the easy, less planned out route of playing a game. If the majority of people prefer it that way, I'm not one to argue.

I have to agree with this.