Which class is OP beta players??

General Discussion
Wizards by far do most damage. It's the early on spells like that force AoE and arcane orb. I'm sure they will all be close in the final game but to level 13 Wizard is damage king/queen.
How can you tell what's OP in 13 levels of normal? Everything seems OP at this point :)
I would think any class with good, sustainable, ranged AoE is going to have a much easier time later on when groups of mobs get thicker and more dangerous. So I guess the Wizard will probably have the easiest time. I hope they balance this by making him squishy enough.
A class being OP? weapons are OP.

No matter what class I have, if good items drop it's suddenly 2-10 times powerful.

You'd have to test all the classes with identical gear at every level they get a new significant spell.

Honestly bud, another post said it best but not clear enough I'd say; in beta you can only reach level 13, so we can't even attain the full arsenal of spells. As such to say any class is op come release, unless they make the chars playable up to max level, wouldn't hold much value outside heresay. Hope that helped clear the air a bit. :)

~Corie
A class being OP? weapons are OP.

No matter what class I have, if good items drop it's suddenly 2-10 times powerful.

You'd have to test all the classes with identical gear at every level they get a new significant spell.

Except thats a mute point because not everyone wants the same stats on gear.
Death Knights otherwise I would say rogues...warlock are bads...
All I know is the Witch Doctor is so damn fun to play.
02/11/2012 10:27 PMPosted by D3BETA
Witchdoctor is definitely -under-powered at beta levels.

Only for those who don't know how to play the class, otherwise it's extremely OP atm.
Regardless, I adore my witch doctor.
goats are OP.

02/11/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Jimmyboy
Maybe I should word it differently and ask which class do you think will be OP once the game is released :P, or is that also impossible to tell since no one has played more than half of act 1? hmmm

I understand your question but do not think it can be answered based on beta.

Any class with a half decent weapon can AoE one hit kill everything in beta so they are all so OP it's hard to rank them.

As for Inferno it depends entirely on what builds end up working (with rune effects, passives etc). We don't yet know whether survivability will be the limiting factor (in which case the WD pets might have an edge) or kill speed (where any class may have an edge because we have no clue how they pan out) or mobility (the dash on the monk is pretty insane).

From what I can tell every class has good and relatively spammable AoE and some strong single target spells. Every class has some mobility. Every class is weapon dependent ...

Pick based on the feel and skins. WD is more passive, monk is like Nightcrawler on crack, DH is an amazon, wizard is a sorceress without spammable teleport, barb is a barb.
Wizard definitely kills things the fastest, and probably most efficiently (at least, in my experiences). Other classes do great, but Wizard can breeze through while barely stopping.

But 1-13 is indicative of nothing, especially in a game where survivability becomes key later on.
All of the classes look great, wizard seems to be a little ahead of the pack though
I'd say barbarian after my run through with all classes , barbarian was one hitting almost all the mobs in the Beta.
monk can slow and smash crowds and has excellent mobility. wizards are plodding along while monks are zipping all over the map smashing packs before the wiz can spam electrocute.
DH, Barb and Monk are "OP" when played right.

But like others said, in the beta everyone is "OP".

You can't really call 60% of the characters OP. At some point they are just the regular, and the others become UP.