left click has to be fixed patch13 problem

General Discussion
After playing the beta patch13 there are a few things I’ve got to bring up one being the left mouse button.

Wow after playing patch13 1st thing you notice is the 1st skill you get is lock to left mouse button and your unable to change it until level3.

I for one do not like using skill on my left click while playing Diablo it just makes things messy e.g: clicking to move and instead attacking with a skill your forced to use on the key. And yes I did notice that blizzard has added a move key binding in game but that is just a pain when you move with a key then left click to use your skill and if you’re not targeting a unit you move again if you’re not holding shift down.

Blizzard needs to add another button to the skill bar so we can leave left click blank and keep it just as a movement/interact key and not an attack key.

By leavening left click as is blizzard is forcing people to use left click as the main attack key if your build uses more utility skills things that can’t be used in left click atm. And that forces you to use your attack in left click. And as I said before that just make thing a pain since left click is the move key and using a key-binding is just a pain.
I agree 100% i hate having skills on my left click. Playing a barb i use up resources alot or just stand there using a skill when i try to move to a door or a destroyable object.
make sure to like the thread and request stick if you want to see this change.
I agree it is a pain trying to move and insted you attack, Or if your trying to attack you move this would be a problem and I would like to see it fixed.

02/19/2012 08:24 AMPosted by cyssa
Blizzard needs to add another button to the skill bar so we can leave left click blank and keep it just as a movement/interact key and not an attack key.
yeah they def need to change it back to where you could put any skill in any slot.

they also made it so each skill unlocked will require you chose it from a specific tree...

so as a barb if you want 2 fury builders in ur right and left click, you cant... why?

srsly blizz send it back to the old way where we could completely customize our characters.

the rune system is fine, its the skill system that needs to go back....
This will be a big problem for ranged classes more so then melee but the change would still benefits melee as well making moving passed big group of mobs easier with no chance of stop from a miss click.

The left mouse issue will probably be a bigger problem for hardcore player since they got more on the line if they walk the wrong way because of bad key set up that's a problem.
Use the shift button. Problem solved.
02/19/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Maynard
Use the shift button. Problem solved.

That doesn't solve the problem why should range classes be forced to use left mouse click to attack when it courses issue with movement but not just that but to use the skill with out moveing have to press shift as well to hold still. how is that good design after all blizzard made these changes in patch13 to make it easier to play diablo for sum people (FYI none of the changes to the UI really made it easier honestly its more confusing now then before for a new player).
I agree with the OP, as a range it is a pain to move when attacking on accident because you have to Left-Click enemies.
Even though this is fixable by pressing shift, it becomes an inconvenience for ranged character only, since melees DO want to move towards the enemy.
Couple words for yea

USE ELECTIVE MODE

If that doesnt work. ignore this post
02/19/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Reeses
USE ELECTIVE MODE

is for key blinding not mouse.....
The way it was stated in the Jay Wilson post sounded like for everything.

so as a barb if you want 2 fury builders in ur right and left click, you cant... why?

Not true. If you go into the options, there is a box you can check "Elective Mode" With this checked you can put any skill you currently have into any hotkey you have unlocked. Currently I have Cleave as Left click and Bash as Right click. However, my only complaint with this system is that you can't hotkey numbers 1-4 until you have unlocked that slot.

However, many of these issues will be non existent once we hit lvl 60.
I thought it was good the way it was before. I dont get why you have to level up to unlock skill slots. Its actually just kind of annoying. The UI seems a little funky too. Smaller was good, so i can see the action going on if I was changing skill while in a dungeon.
02/19/2012 07:22 PMPosted by RandomNick
I thought it was good the way it was before. I dont get why you have to level up to unlock skill slots. Its actually just kind of annoying. The UI seems a little funky too. Smaller was good, so i can see the action going on if I was changing skill while in a dungeon.

They made the UI large during swapping skills in order to prevent people in PvP from quickly swapping skills. It's either this or going back to 30sec CD when you switch a skill. Personally I like the 15sec CD now. Don't have to stand there doing nothing/or holding up a group.
After playing the beta patch13 there are a few things I’ve got to bring up one being the left mouse button.

Wow after playing patch13 1st thing you notice is the 1st skill you get is lock to left mouse button and your unable to change it until level3.

I for one do not like using skill on my left click while playing Diablo it just makes things messy e.g: clicking to move and instead attacking with a skill your forced to use on the key. And yes I did notice that blizzard has added a move key binding in game but that is just a pain when you move with a key then left click to use your skill and if you’re not targeting a unit you move again if you’re not holding shift down.

By leavening left click as is blizzard is forcing people to use left click as the main attack key if your build uses more utility skills things that can’t be used in left click atm. And that forces you to use your attack in left click. And as I said before that just make thing a pain since left click is the move key and using a key-binding is just a pain.

As I'm not in the Beta I will suggest what seems logical. If there is this kind of issues, shouldn't you post this on the Beta Feedback forums?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3430582/
left mouse button will always be an issue while there are 3 functions on it they are movement interacting and attacking this is a concern for player that use ranges classes and even for people in melee since it can coarse unwanted attacks while trying to move.

they need to let us have more control with key binding ATM you can’t change mouse bindings e.g left mouse is movement/interact/attack and right is secondary skill and they can’t be changed so.

They need to add another action bar slot to the skill bar so people that want to change left click key blinding can. e.g: under key bindings anther options for left mouse button needs to be added movement/interact. So for the people that don’t want this movement problem can change it but the people that like it the way it is can keep it’s the same so just for sum more clarification here is what the key binding option need to look like.

EXAMPLE ONE
KEY BINDING OPTIONS
Command.................................................key1........................................................key2
Game play
Force Stand Skill.......................................“Shift”..................................................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact/attack ......................“mouse1”
Movement/interact................................“NOT SET”
Secondary Skill.......................................“mouse2”

EXAMPLE TWO
KEY BINDING OPTIONS
Command.................................................key1........................................................key2
Game play
Force Stand Skill.......................................“Shift”..................................................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact/attack ......................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact................................“Mouse1”
Secondary Skill.......................................“mouse2”

We need to be able to change the mouse keys so take we take care of this problem.
The extra skill slot if using normal left click is locked to auto attack key and if using second left click option opens up to be used for a skill.