What is the point of the skill rune system?

General Discussion
1 2 3 51 Next
The idea of finding runes and putting them into your skills sounded pretty cool, but now that everyone unlocks the same rune at specific levels what is the point? Why not just add that extra feature to the skill itself when you level up? There is no need to even have skill runes in the game tbh, total waste of time.
Customization. There are not 25 skills per hero, there are 125. You now get to play the game the way you want to play it with the feel you want in it.
where is the end game now other than farming equipement?
This new patch seem to be a BIG disappointment. Makes me wonder what Blizzard is thinking with these changes. It is not even like they have a release date to meet.
It's a beta you fools, of course they are going to give you runes so you can TEST them, also just because a quest or 2 gives you a runestone now doesn't mean it will in final release or in later stages of the game.

So many undeserving in the beta with no clue.

Wow thats such a deep choice to make! All hail the great customization of d3!

Much better than your "Hmmm do I put all into vitality or all into vitality?" and your "Hmmm... Do I put one into teleport or one into teleport?" Yes D2 had SO MUCH faux customization.

This pretty much , i mean in most rpg what is the customization beside gear and skill??????????? Now you have choice between bunch of skills ( wich also have 5 runes type ) + gears . What else do you guys want?

Much better than your "Hmmm do I put all into vitality or all into vitality?" and your "Hmmm... Do I put one into teleport or one into teleport?" Yes D2 had SO MUCH faux customization.

or how bout the fact you can have multiple barbs, sorcs, etc. with all different builds. But its people like you that love the fact that you will have the same exact skills to work with as everyone else and if you mess up on the build, o well, you can just switch them back with the great punishment of a 30 second cool down.

Lol only viable build for a sorc in hell was light/sorb . Also how can you judge the game with the beta??? Im pretty sure when D3 is out you wont have many wizard that use the exact same skill combo/gear ETC . While in d2 95% of most uber sorc were light/sorb . 90% of pala were hammerdin/enigma etc . WW/frenzy barb and so on .....