Patch 14 monks

Monk
Are we to assume that they gave the 2 melee classes a passive 30% DR on top of their armor from the beginning? Maybe to balance the issues of having to fight close quarters vs ranged and casters who have the mobility of fighting from afar.

I dunno what you mean by "assume", it is in the patch notes nothin there to assume.... Barbarians and monks have an extra 30% damage reduction. And yes to balance melee with range.
Are we to assume that they gave the 2 melee classes a passive 30% DR on top of their armor from the beginning? Maybe to balance the issues of having to fight close quarters vs ranged and casters who have the mobility of fighting from afar.

I dunno what you mean by "assume", it is in the patch notes nothin there to assume.... Barbarians and monks have an extra 30% damage reduction. And yes to balance melee with range.

Yeah i bet that DH and WD were pulling too far ahead of melee classes in Inferno. Good balance if it was needed; I guess we'll see...
The healing skills got severely nerfed, I wonder if this is because we're getting less total health?
This is an outrage!!!!! Exploding palm was gonna be my fav generator D:
UPDATE: LOVE the change!! Now I can spam the skill on multiple enemies and I don't have to attack twice to use the skill as it was a 3rd attack. This means I can combo 3 hits with generators and still use this awesome skill!!

When I first saw this I have to agree that I was upset. The whole reason I decided to play a monk was one of the early videos of a monk in the desert doing exploding palm. After thinking about it though I like it because I can put exploding palm on three enemies in a row and make them all explode. Effectively doing 90% of their health damage to all other mobs in proximity. Very powerful.
Does anyone know if DoT's are stackable?

I.e. using Exploding Palm, Rend, etc. twice (within the 3 second window) stacks or refreshes the debuff?
Does anyone know if DoT's are stackable?

I.e. using Exploding Palm, Rend, etc. twice (within the 3 second window) stacks or refreshes the debuff?

I don't think so. I've been testing this and I think it only refreshes the DoT. Monster's health was falling at the same speed :P
Is there an updated calculator showing the skill runes for this ability? Or is the intention to have the same runes apply to this "new" skill.
What i am trying to understand, and maybe it is as obvious as it sounds. But the 30% passive damage reduction.

I saw this for both Barbs and Monks.

What ever the case is. It looks good.

Love the UI changes as well.

From what I have been reading, it's treated like another DR classification that is calculated at the same time as armor (but prior to block), example:

Assume you had 20% dr from armor and the passive 30% dr your new dr would be:

1 - ((1 - .2) x (1 - .3)) = 44%
This game is awsome
It still explodes and the rune effects are there aswell...look for yourself. http://www.diablofans.com/