New Nvidia Drivers Diablo 3 is mentioned

Technical Support
This is the second WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers (versions 295.xx to 299.xx).

This driver is a recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Blacklight: Retribution, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and more. These drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements and are Microsoft WHQL-certified.

New in Release 296.10

Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
Dishonored
Dungeon Defenders
F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
rFactor 2
Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
Dear Esther – Rated Good
Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for more details.
Highlight Summary for the R295 Family of Drivers

New features and performance since R285 WHQL-certified driver
Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
Enables WHQL-certified support for NVIDIA Surround on Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.
Updates HD Audio to version 1.3.12.0.
Other Details

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
Hmm, I honestly didn't see this topic to result in "sign of release" type of responses. Thanks for the heads up about the driver's though, I always forget to check.
Considering Crossfire and Nvidia usually come out with a new profile every month or 2 , id say release is about 1 month away. Which means they should be announcing it SOON.

There I fixed it ;)
I gots a question, Is the GTX 480 1536mb GDDR5 better than the 560 SE
Im not seeing much of a performace boost with these drivers but like Blizzard said there stress testing the Servers so that is what is causeing the bad fps.
God, yes...

The 480 is way more powerful, it is hotter, louder, and uses more power though.

They're going for around $200 right now because Nvidia is about to release their next gen "Kepler" 28nm gpus.
God, yes...

The 480 is way more powerful, it is hotter, louder, and uses more power though.

They're going for around $200 right now because Nvidia is about to release their next gen "Kepler" 28nm gpus.

how's a gtx 460m 1.5 gb fair? (asus g73sw) ;p
If you paid attention the last driver in that series also mentioned Diablo 3 and that came out 2ish months ago. NOT sign of release.
Try tweakforce not bad. I am still using GTS 250
The GTX480 is a decent card , where I have both an EVGA GTX480 and 2 GTX570 cards , absolutely the 480 is not as good . The temperatures run lower but the GTX560/570 are well and above even with the lower 1285 DDR5 memory. I hope this helps . As a matter of information Palit has now a geForce GTX580 SLi thats 2 viddy cards in one case , same as EVGA ran the GTX295 SLi lets talk about major graphics . price is also do-able for even the frugal minded
Thinking of upgrading from GeForce 8800 to GTX 670...

Dun get me wrong, I can play D3 no issue with the old card, but the new SC - HOTS occasionally crash out on my current old card...

So the new card is meant for better handling HOTS...

But expensive.
I lost my video card on release day, been playing with the motherboard graphics. I recently bought a 460 because it was the best i could find that my power supply would support. I like it. I installed Gforce experience so it tracks my drivers and upgrades. if you optomize for d3 it applies all the features d3 can use.
what was the point of this necro again? i mean this thing is a year old.
the information in the first post isnt even relevant anymore. nvidia is well into the 300 family of drivers.

04/05/2013 06:15 AMPosted by DeadRu
I installed Gforce experience so it tracks my drivers and upgrades. if you optomize for d3 it applies all the features d3 can use.

ya i installed the Geforce Experience software as well. its good to have installed. the one complaint i have about it is that i cant tell it to omit certain changes if i dont want it to apply them. like it told me to change 3 things. one of which was to make the game fullscreen. obviously i dont want fullscreen or i would play it like that. the other two i happily changed. however, i had to manually change the fullscreen setting back in game after the GE software changed it so it was windowed(fullscreen) the way i like it.