Items

Items and Crafting
Does anyone think that the items in diablo 3 look bad? I mean i use to like finding items that looked sick but now everything takes 2 slots and they are small and look horrible. I understand its beta so im hoping for the items to look cooler.
Characters looked like !@#$ in act 1 normal in D2 also. Low level gear is supposed to look weak that's why it's so exciting to get to higher level stuff. Yes you will look cooler at higher levels just look at the Legendary pieces on the site, some pretty cool artwork in their icons so we can assume the actual items will look similar to that.
03/10/2012 07:44 AMPosted by D3BETA
Characters looked like !@#$ in act 1 normal in D2 also. Low level gear is supposed to look weak that's why it's so exciting to get to higher level stuff. Yes you will look cooler at higher levels just look at the Legendary pieces on the site, some pretty cool artwork in their icons so we can assume the actual items will look similar to that.

yea i am hoping so!!!!!
The website shows armor graphic progression the same as Diablo 2, there are 3 tiers and all gear of that type looks the same apart from colour, considering their experience with WoW and how many people like to transmogrify their gear and spend time collecting gear just for its graphic I think that might have been a hint for Blizzard that a lot of people care about their characters appearance and that the ability to look different than other people or just look how they want to look is widely successful.

Bringing me back to the 3 tier graphics (basically cloth > mail > plate) is a real letdown for Diablo 3. No one should expect to look amazing at the start but more armor and weapon graphics would go a long way.

Just to clarify what I am talking about is true go to any class page and scroll down to armor progression here is the Wizard page http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/

Hopefully in a later patch they will add more armor graphics because this is in almost every game released these days with equipped gear, it is very outdated to have only 3 possible on character graphics and will get really boring really fast staring at the same things in a different colour on almost everyone.
No, they have already stated that they will have multiple sets for items for each difficulty. Each difficulty has about 10 sets or so for it so, unless the inferno difficulty has graphically different armor as well, you can expect about 30+ armor graphics for each class. On the class page those 3 tiers are simply a example of how they will advance in style. In reality they will go up more gradually and you go from almost unarmored to decked out in full plate and the like.
Is blizzard going to add any new gear over time in updates? If anybody knows please leave a reply.