So are the CE wings exclusive or not???

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 14 Next
All of the Collector's Edition in-game items are absolutely exclusive to the Collector's Edition. It seems the screenshot you linked is of some datamined content, which doesn't accurately reflect what's available in the game.

The wings are exclusive to the Collector's Edition.
The dye colors are exclusive to the Collector's Edition.
The banner sigil is exclusive to the Collector's Edition.

Don't worry. Be happy.

do we know yet what happens when you dye a piece of gear smoke or cloud colored and then put it on the AH or drop it on the ground? is the effect wiped off? is the item soulbound at that point? can non CE purchasers just have their CE buddies just die their gear and trade it back?
I am entitled to the free digital version and I brought the CE. I have no plans on opening the CE box being it is a collectors item.
diablo2+artbook+cool skull thing (which is the best part of the CE)
and im sure theres other stuff i forgot.
(although Diablo2 is 10 years old i think it still
retails around 40$)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Diablo+Battle+Chest+-+Mac/Windows/4307084.p?id=1051806668653&skuId=4307084&st=diablo%202&lp=1&cp=1
I am entitled to the free digital version and I brought the CE. I have no plans on opening the CE box being it is a collectors item.

where did you bring it from, and where did you bring it to?
03/21/2012 04:43 PMPosted by D3BETA
I think it's funny that the thing most people care about in the CE is the wings and Dye... Yet the same people (often) turn around and say they will never spend money on the RMAH.

Thats how we distinguish REAL Diablo fans from the WOW freaks. Wow freaks care about wings and dye, and will buy the CE just for that
03/22/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Dalen

NOTHING sold as a Collectors Item is actualy a collectors item. A collectors item is one that is not meant to be, that is a flawed, or otherwise limited run item. Things manufactured as collectors items are just mass produced and overhyped/marketed versions that they trick people into buying.
03/22/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Sorreal
The banner sigil is exclusive to the Collector's Edition.

Are you saying there's only 1 sigil for the CE? What happened to those horde, alliance, protoss, zerg, and terran sigils we saw in the old screenshots of the ui?

What he is saying is that there is a banner that you can't get anywhere else except for the CE
Might I ask.. The wing can be used unlimited times or just one time or in one char only. Can I remove it and reuse in other char ?
Ow that´s soo sad for you =/... but its good to us muahahahaha!! Plz cry for our happiness sake!!
03/22/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Smitty

Haha knee-jerk

I hope you didn't cancel it, because getting it again will be a pain in the butt.

No it wont. Plenty of CEs are being made and still available for purchase at bigger stores like Walmart, best buy, target......
Damn I hate exclusive in game items for collectors editions.

"Sure you're supporting us but you didn't support us enough."

Pfft.

I hate to break it to you but most things in life worth having need to be paid for or worked for and people who pay more or work harder are rewarded more than those who don't.

My biggest question related to the CE relates to the WOW stuff. I have no use for the WOW items that I get from my diablo CE - will they be bound to my account?
Damn I hate exclusive in game items for collectors editions.

"Sure you're supporting us but you didn't support us enough."

Pfft.

will they be bound to my account?

Yes they will, just like other CE items in recent games.
this might sound abit ignorant (since the post is about the WINGs). Do i get the Wings if i bought CE? or i do but i have to MF it through my CE in Inferno??
The wings are given upon character creation and is a toggle on/off item in your inventory.
Also the item is infinite use and I think you may get one on each character you create but I don't have a source for that... Its kinda like an account bound item from wow...