PLEA for monk @BLIZZ

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 25 Next
04/16/2012 07:53 AMPosted by D3BETA
Sign. Need moar animations
And just to add, I like the monk class better than the witch doctor even with the bad animations without weapons. Definitely need monk specific weapons in animations. That is my biggest problem playing this class. I know its been said a ton of times but it is lame having your weapons seen then unseen all the time. But all in all I would still play the witch doctor last. :D
I think weapon specific animations is a lot to ask at this point (although who knows, it might be nice one day), but just the option to hide the weapons when the game is released or around that time would be great.

Can anyone confirm if there is a toggle button to hide your helm in the BETA? I know there is in WOW. Would it be hard for Blizz to apply it to weapons?
Agree with OP, and I think most people would too. I think that Blizzard is probably beginning to realize that some of the character ideas they came up with aren't actually that great in a loot-based game system, but the Monk is by far the worst offender. I hadn't actually considered it but the best solution is probably to just make all the Monk's weapons invisible at all times as they're totally superflous to his combat animations. Might as well just have them be a statistic, and it's sad that -that- actually manages to be more thematic than what we have now.

Can anyone confirm if there is a toggle button to hide your helm in the BETA? I know there is in WOW. Would it be hard for Blizz to apply it to weapons?

I wish I had the beta to confirm for you but alas I don't but this would be nice to know that the functional coding is written.
I saw a blue lurking around. Any chance you could shed light on this thread? Specifically the OP.

There have been a lot of monk threads lately but an answer to the OP of this one would satisfy many of the other threads as well.

<3
Now that the Monk IGN spotlight video is out many people are posting in concern about this issue. I agree, a blue response would be appreciated.
04/16/2012 08:32 AMPosted by D3BETA

There isn't. You need Invisible Dye for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
04/16/2012 08:32 AMPosted by D3BETA

You can't "hide" your helm, but you can dye it so that it appears invisible.

I'm not sure if dyeing weapons is possible, I'm guessing no.
I too have noticed quite a lot of complaints and frowns here lately over the Monks lack of weapon use. Since IGN posted that write up over the Monk it's starting to catch more eyes and in a bad way.

The Monk just seems like he was designed in a very sloppy and rushed way. He looks "unfinished". It's like taking Kratos from the God of War series and forgetting to give him weapon animations. Why Blizzard didn't finish their work is beyond comprehension considering how much polish that they have put into their past games.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if Blizzard was like "Meh, this is Diablo 3, we could slap that name on a box and crap in it and people would still buy it so lets just forget about the Monks weapon animations".

One thing is for certain. I won't be playing a Monk until this "issue" is fixed.
04/16/2012 06:00 PMPosted by KhalDrogo
I too have noticed quite a lot of complaints and frowns here lately over the Monks lack of weapon use. Since IGN posted that write up over the Monk it's starting to catch more eyes and in a bad way.

Well I wouldn't want negative PR for D3 for people who haven't purchased the game already but I hope it does stoke the flames for the matter to be addressed.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if Blizzard was like "Meh, this is Diablo 3, we could slap that name on a box and crap in it and people would still buy it so lets just forget about the Monks weapon animations".

I chuckled :)

One thing is for certain. I won't be playing a Monk until this "issue" is fixed.

Ditto. And I don't think we're the only ones that feel this way.
I understand that time is money and maybe this wasn't the biggest priority to fix, however a SIMPLE answer from a blue would be appreciated to address this issue.

This is how I feel. Just a quick answer like, "it's something we're aware of", "it's on the list of considerations" etc.

It's obviously an issue for a lot of us, and it would be nice just to get a little blue feedback just to know where Blizz stands on the issue. Saying that, they must be so freaking busy right now lol.
04/16/2012 07:39 PMPosted by D3BETA
I understand that time is money and maybe this wasn't the biggest priority to fix, however a SIMPLE answer from a blue would be appreciated to address this issue.

This is how I feel. Just a quick answer like, "it's something we're aware of", "it's on the list of considerations" etc.

It's obviously an issue for a lot of us, and it would be nice just to get a little blue feedback just to know where Blizz stands on the issue. Saying that, they must be so freaking busy right now lol.

Those quick answers would take 30 seconds if that of effort and put many minds at ease. The saddest part is they've been answering threads in which the answer can be easily found by google or spending 5 minutes on the D3 website. You CAN'T get the answer to this question ANYWHERE unless you work for blizzard in the appropriate departments. Thus I'd say this thread is substantially more relevant for a blue response than many of the others they've recently taken the time to respond to.

Same here. The monk class idea doesn't thrill me to begin with, but I played one in beta and holy cow it looks ridiculous. I know the WD and the wizard have their weapons out and will never use them, but I don't know it just doesn't seem as cheesy.
04/17/2012 06:35 AMPosted by D3BETA

Same here. The monk class idea doesn't thrill me to begin with, but I played one in beta and holy cow it looks ridiculous. I know the WD and the wizard have their weapons out and will never use them, but I don't know it just doesn't seem as cheesy.
The WD and Wiz dont need to use their weapons because they are casters, thats why it doesnt really matter if they dont have animations.

But for a melee class not to use his own weapons is just...lazy
04/17/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Nemesis

The WD and Wiz dont need to use their weapons because they are casters, thats why it doesnt really matter if they dont have animations.

Especially class specific weapons, I mean come on I can to some degree understand the axes, sword etc, but then again even if it was only them it would be a bad move imo.
However class specific weapons, that is only ever gonna be used by monks and not even have ANY animation for them. Even making fist weapons disappear, when you are attacking with your fist, wtf! :S

Especially class specific weapons, I mean come on I can to some degree understand the axes, sword etc, but then again even if it was only them it would be a bad move imo.
However class specific weapons, that is only ever gonna be used by monks and not even have ANY animation for them. Even making fist weapons disappear, when you are attacking with your fist, wtf! :S

Monk specific weapons remaining equipped for the 5(?) spirit generators is a significant reduction in workload to animate than every weapon for every animation. I believe blizz could do it but it'd be nice to implement some sort of weapon hide until they can animate those.