Warden Bow Drops?

Demon Hunter
do these only drop at SK?
Only the pack of 8 skeletons before him drop them. I've gotten it to drop twice. One was an exceptional with 18.2dps and the other a normal with 16.7 D:
False, sk can drop them as well as the second level of the den of evil
04/03/2012 06:31 PMPosted by LtShaft
Only the pack of 8 skeletons before him drop them. I've gotten it to drop twice. One was an exceptional with 18.2dps and the other a normal with 16.7 D:

Well if it makes you feel any better the normal one with 16.7 dps is almost perfect. The range goes up to 16.8.
04/03/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Hax
Well if it makes you feel any better the normal one with 16.7 dps is almost perfect. The range goes up to 16.8.

Well if it had the prefix "fine" in front of it, I would be happy. Also if anyone is as desperate as I am in the beta to get rings and a bow, just kill the skeletons that spawn before SK and log out. When you log back in, you will be right outside his room and you can kill them again. Rinse and repeat, keeps you from having to kill the SK and then start over at the checkpoint on lvl 3.

04/03/2012 07:04 PMPosted by D3BETA
False, sk can drop them as well as the second level of the den of evil

I figured he could drop it, too, but it's abysmally rare since there is only one of him. Didn't know about the Den of Evil though.
man im killing this pack over and over with no luck.
maybe neeed lots of MF ?
man im killing this pack over and over with no luck.
maybe neeed lots of MF ?

MF isn't going to help much, unfortunately. IF you can actually get the bow to drop, it's white most of the time so MF isn't going to increase the chance of it dropping. Might help you get a ring of wounding though if you're lucky, which you could sell for about 5x the price of the bow on the AH.
ive seen a few magical ones on the AH so just figured get some MF
MF will only increase the likely hood it rolls magical. But it really is a matter of killing them dozens of times just for a white warden.

on a OT subject is the warden + quiver the best DPS?

I use two stake throwers for the APS bonuses

20.00 DPS magical with a +.18 APS balanced stake thrower (I think it is 17 dps)
the APS is significant for the multiplication of my damage sources (bow+rings)
I hit 80.17 @ 2.13 APS
http://screencast.com/t/IXr06lc8uFl

If I drop the +.18 APS, and my 1.6 down to the 1.4 warden with lets say 21.00 dps on it.. I
(i'm sitting at 126 dex dual wielding, my 10ias quiver has +7)
(4-20 + 2-4 + 2-4 +2-4)*.333 * 2.33*1.4*1.14*1.025 = 80.04

don't think I can recover the same DPS, unless I have a keen warden with damage hitting 22dps *_______* yah good luck on that !!!

(4-20 + 2-4 + 2-4 +2-4)*.333 * 2.33*1.45*1.14*1.025 = 82.9
not that great for such a crazy rare bow

what are you guys wielding that hits over 80dps?
going to assume anyone over 80dps has a keen ring of wounding is going to be the more likely holy grail
I'm not even close to that right now unfortunately because I'm missing the rings. I haven't gotten a chance to really play at all since the wipe so I haven't been able to farm the skeles for rings. The one ring that did drop gave +1str -___-. In the limited time I did have, I just farmed gold to buy all the armor off the AH that had rolled max dex. Combined I still don't think I spent the same amount a well-rolled Warden's bow is fetching, and that even isn't close to the 500,000 people are asking for the 2-4 rings.

On a side note, where do stake throwers drop? I've seen some pretty well rolled ones in the AH and like you said, their high APS would go well with rings of wounding at this level.
its all from return runs, i don't bother killing the king since they seem to drop lvl 8 items.

but trying to get a balanced stake thrower with +.2 aps ,, heh good luck. I had to buy the .18, best i had was a +.11, and picked up a .19 simple hand for testing
the simple one though cost me 3 dps,

found three wounding rings. was very lucky. the 3rd I sold for ~300k, that got me the 20DPS thrower as well as the +.18 stake thrower

a perfect +.2 would certainly be nice

I assume without rings you are toping 48 dps
Yeah I've been using my monk to do return runs since he's got all the MF/GF gear. It's slow going but hopefully I'll get lucky eventually.

Just wish they'd make logging out instant so I could get back to killing them faster xD
I assume without rigns you are toping 48 dps

Yeah I can't remember exactly but I'm right under that right now. My weapons are hurting me since the best I have is a 18.2 wardens and a couple of 17.8 hand x-bows from the vendor. Rest of my gear is good though. Most of the stuff has 11 dex on it except quiver which is 8. I think I'm at maybe 45 right now. Could easily get it up with a better weapon though.
Atm, my HC DH is sitting at 50 dps with a magic wound warden bow with 19.x damage on it + a quiver with some IAS and +8 dex and no rings or ammy. Which i can report was found in the Den lvl 2 in a chest. Its almost like those MF days running to the caves in Tamoe Highlands hell for those surprise drops.