Are any of the Diablo novels or books good?

Lore and Story
Any worth reading?
Book of Cain. Hands down phenomenal.
i'm reading all the novels before i read book of cain, i've flipped through it just to look at the artwork and i'm so pumped to actually read what's in there...
Well, you can tell from the authors sometimes, like when you see Knaak...... stay away.

Even when he is justified to create a superman character because thats what the storyline is about... it still feels forced and just him wanting to create a pet character.
04/07/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Lõri
Book of Cain. Hands down phenomenal.

I can attest to this. I read the entire book in one sit down - it is pure awesome. Not only does it provide deep insight into the history of the Diablo universe, including the creation of Sanctuary, the nature of the conflict between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, and the continuing role of the Nephalem....it also has pictures.
I'd agree with Lõri's opinion. Book of Cain is an excellent summation everything that has happened (and even the main points of the novels) with enough detail to help you understand it all.

I'm reading through the novels right now (finishing up Sin War #1 tonight) and I must say I'm not too impressed with the writing at all, but the overall story is fair enough.
I have read all the novels. All are good. Not all of them canonical lore though.

Book of Cain is just a summary of some of the novels. Lots of pictures and very little reading.
All of them
Book of Cain - Definitely read
The Sin War: Birthright - I was pretty happy with this one.
The Sin War: Scales of the Serpent - Dragged a bit, but it's the trilogy or nothing
The Sin War: The Veiled Prophet - Everything comes together nicely.
Demonsbane - I liked this one quite a bit. Short, brutal and sweet.
The Black Road - Unless you really want to know unofficial Diablo lore, skip it.
The Kingdom of Shadow - It was ok. It seems like it will become canon in a D3 xpac so I'd say read it.
The Warlord of Blood - See my recommendation of The Black Road.

I haven't read The Moon of the Spider or the DC comics yet.