Barbarian Lore question

Lore and Story
I apologize if this has already been answered, so please bear with me.

Since it has been mentioned, many times, that the Male Barbarian is the only returning character from Diablo 2. Will the Male Barbarian have a slightly different conversations with key characters like Deckard Cain, then all of the "new" characters?

To be specific, will Deckard Cain, and possibly other NPCs recognize the Male Barbarian, and possess equally flavored quest text?
The male barbarian being a returning char was the original intended background story for the male barb but that isn't the case anymore. They changed this a while ago.
Thank you for the reply.
I got a funny barbarian lore question:(kinda)
So the barbarian knows that Tyrael had to destroy the worldstone. Shouldn't he be mad about him? His homeland is a wasteland because of Tyrael? Wouldn't he want to kill'em now?

My logical guess is that the barbarian knows it was truly Baal's fault and Tyrael just did what had to be done. They're still friends.
04/09/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Bahfome
Since it has been mentioned, many times, that the Male Barbarian is the only returning character from Diablo 2. Will the Male Barbarian have a slightly different conversations with key characters like Deckard Cain, then all of the "new" characters?

I'm fairly positive he's not a returning character. It just so happens that its the same class, but the 'character' him/herself is a new barbarian. Everyone at the site of the Worldstone is presumed to be dead (besides Tyrael, who is currently missing) since the Worldstone destroyed everything in its immediate surroundings.
yeah, they decided to can the idea of him being the same character because it would raise too many questions, such as where did all his weapons and armor and skills go. they'd also have to go through the entire process of making his story and dialogue that much more different than the other classes. much easier for him to just be an older barbarian who's new to the scene.