Collectors Sold out?

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Are the Collectors Edition of D3 sold out everywhere in Oz?

Everywhere I see it is, so far..
EB Games sold out 2 days after the release date announcement.

Seems only US retailers are able to restock CEs.
If you want the CE the best bet is to try US places like Amazon. It's pretty sold out in Australia as far as I know.
Oh no I had mine pre-ordered from EB like 3 years ago, Just saw it sold out at JB hi fi and people on whilrpool forums asking where to buy one. So thought it might be sold out. Thats pretty damn popular!!
A/NZ retails stores get a very limited number of Blizzard CEs it seems, every time.

I had 50 bucks on my D3 copy since a couple days after it's announcement back in June 2008 (nearly 4 years ago). And upgraded as soon as the CE was announced, then fully paid it off as soon as the release date was announced.

This was at EB Games
Likewise. I ordered my D3 CE on the same day I ordered my SC2 CE. And I paid off my D3 CE as soon as it was announced officially. Just to make sure.

I even got told at EB games there's not a 100% chance I'll be getting a CE even though I paid for it. If they tell me I can't get a CE (on the day), I'll surely be speaking to the manager and going further to get what I paid for. I don't see this as being an issue. But you know "hope for the best but be prepared for the worst".
Likewise. I ordered my D3 CE on the same day I ordered my SC2 CE. And I paid off my D3 CE as soon as it was announced officially. Just to make sure.

I even got told at EB games there's not a 100% chance I'll be getting a CE even though I paid for it. If they tell me I can't get a CE (on the day), I'll surely be speaking to the manager and going further to get what I paid for. I don't see this as being an issue. But you know "hope for the best but be prepared for the worst".

How can they say that to you? What is the entire point of pre-ordering something if its not giving you a 100% garantee of getting it?

If i dont get mine, there will be barbarian style hack and slashing in the shop
I pre-orderd the collectors edition from Harvey Norman last week, they said they have a good supplier and are able to get heaps in. So whatever town your in try there.
Who cares. All features of the collector's edition will become redundant once you open the box and start playing the game anyway.

Digital download.

/thread.
04/12/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Drekka
How can they say that to you? What is the entire point of pre-ordering something if its not giving you a 100% garantee of getting it?

I don't know. I was a little wtf when it was said though. It's like overbooking airline tickets. They still do it fully knowing some people will be burnt. But there's no need to overbook Blizzard CEs. There's 100% chance they will sell every CE. Even the the odd one is not claimed. Give it a while then put on the shelf for $130ish and it'll be gone same inside a week I think.
Who cares. All features of the collector's edition will become redundant once you open the box and start playing the game anyway.

Digital download.

/thread.

Alot of people care, Some people want the Art book and other hardcopy goodies with the game

04/12/2012 09:17 AMPosted by theeighthark

I don't know. I was a little wtf when it was said though. It's like overbooking airline tickets. They still do it fully knowing some people will be burnt. But there's no need to overbook Blizzard CEs. There's 100% chance they will sell every CE. Even the the odd one is not claimed. Give it a while then put on the shelf for $130ish and it'll be gone same inside a week I think.

Im sure you'll get it, I might go to EB and pay in full, and just give them the evil look

Digital download.

/thread.

Devoted Blizzard fans care. And there are many.

You are clearly not one of them.
I'm looking to buy a collectors edition from australia as well, what stores did you guys order from and how much did you pay?
04/12/2012 09:32 PMPosted by qwerty
I'm looking to buy a collectors edition from australia as well, what stores did you guys order from and how much did you pay?

Further up in the thread, Stinkd got his/hers from Harvey Norman. Quite lucky considering CEs generally sell out around the time of release date announcement. Should be $135-$150 depending on how greedy Gerry Harvey is.

But really, you should not be waiting THIS late to pre-order such a hot ticket item.
I just got one pre orded at eb games Perth today!
Be wary of these promises. I had preordered Cataclysm CE from Harvey Norman after being told that and was then told 'sorry we're sold out' on release day. I hope you have better luck.
Posted this on Whrilpool as well

So I just got a call from Harvey Norman saying that my pre order for D3: CE would be delayed by a couple of weeks, because they would have to get it from different region etc.

Him: "Is there a time limit to when you want to receive this item?"

Me: "Preferably on release date, because it's a gift so a couple of weeks from it really won't do, how do I cancel my order?"

Him: "When is the release date?"

Me: "May 15th, so 4 weeks from today roughly"

Him: "We will have it in store by then, I am calling you to tell you that there's been a delay"

Me: "Wait so is it a couple of weeks from today? Or the release day?"

Him: "We estimate 4 weeks from today."

Me: "So I would get it on release day, 15th of May"

Him: "That's correct, we are sorry for the delay"

Is it me, or did HN just called me to... I don't even know, confirm stock will be here in 4 weeks due to a delay? Should we be playing D3 now? :P

Seriously though, it would be annoying if I can't get the copy on release day, I would have to buy a regular edition as a present instead I guess. I wonder how it works, they've already taken the funds out of my CC, hopefully I don't get disappointed
04/12/2012 09:17 AMPosted by theeighthark

Strange, they should know exactly how many they will be allocated once the CE is announced.

When I pre-Ordered the game in 2008 I put $50 down, this ensures that they will put me higher on the priority to call and ask if i want to upgrade to a CE should one be announced.

If i was too slow at putting that $50 down, i may not actually get a call, or if i only put $10 i won't get a call.

However If i was in this above category, I could still go to EB Games ASAP and upgrade as long as they hadn't already allocated all their CEs to customers already.

So to Summarize

You can pre-order BEFORE a CE is announced and increase you chances of getting one, however once one is announced, no matter what you want to try and get down there ASAP, or call them ASAP and upgrade before they run out of allocations.

Note if you call them, they like to have $50 minimum instead of $10 put down on a CE pre-order.

Once you have upgraded POST CE Announcement, imo that should be a guarantee, as the store should know how many they will be getting allocated by then
ummm - if you really want a collectors edition of a blizzard game then you really need to be pre-ordering once the game is announced and the stores start accepting pre-orders. Blizzard collectors editions normally sell out very fast with all their games.

In other words, just pre-order faster next time
04/12/2012 01:19 AMPosted by theeighthark
I even got told at EB games there's not a 100% chance I'll be getting a CE even though I paid for it.

I stopped buying from EB games when this happened to me with SC2. Pre-ordered about 8 months in advance. Come release day they had too many CE pre-orders then they were allocated.

Any CE's I want I get from JB or GAME and only because I know people that work at those stores. Otherwise I'd skip retail all together.