Waller and Vortex Affix's

Witch Doctor
This new Waller video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CfoaNzqadEw#!

Shows is slightly different then I've seen it before. Previously, it looked like they randomly put up single wall. Wasn't much threat. But this looks like it could defiantly add some danger

Vortex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7_4JYB7blI

Looks also very challenging. Especially when you start adding in other combos.

Spirit Walk and Horrify look alot more appealing. Do you think this will make you add more defensive abilities? Do you think you would use a Shield instead of a Doll, for extra armor and block chance?
04/15/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Hehaw
I don't think excessive CC has much of a place in a fast paced action RPG; sure, it makes things harder, but generally in a lame way where you often die without feeling like your personal actions made any difference in the outcome.

Although there might be might be nothing you can do the moment after you get hit by a Nightmarish debuff, there's plenty you could have done up to then: selected survivability skills or gear, carefully pulled the Nighmarish pack back to a cleared area, waited until your group was gathered before engaging, not gone too far through Inferno before you have gear with decent armor etc. Plus, your group-mates might be able to do something even if you're temporarily incapacitated.
I really doubt they're balancing the game around hardcore since the vast majority of players will be doing regular. And as far as regular goes, affixes make the gameplay way more interesting.
I think it adds depth to a game that's already lacking it in other places. (runes on rails) Sure a teleporting waller nightmarish molten pack would be scary, it would also be a great fight. Not many games now a days in non pvp settting really live up to being hard. I hope this goes above and beyond.
04/15/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Hehaw
it sounds very possible that Hardcore characters will die from full life while not in control of their character.

This is why I won't be playing hardcore. I think people are assuming if they "play smart" then they won't die. I think some deaths will be inevitable.
Inferno = 4 affixes per unique pack = you will die

This is a good thing. I want a game that will take months to beat, and will continue to give me an adrenaline rush even when I have good gear.

For hardcore: remember that WD and Monk have "cheat death" passives.
This is a good thing. I want a game that will take months to beat, and will continue to give me an adrenaline rush even when I have good gear.

This, I want that amazing battle that you use all your cooldowns, people work together and when its all over, your hearts racing and you look at all the carnage that just happened.

I want Inferno to deliver long lasting memories of crazy fights
04/15/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Vaaz
Do you think you would use a Shield instead of a Doll, for extra armor and block chance?

I'll be rocking a shield but only because of personal preference. Hopefully shields are just as viable as dolls and vice versa.
I think they will be highly viable, just the trade of armor instead of damage. Any HC wizard or WD and probably DH that I make will always have a shield.