A New Class Before Launch?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 20 Next
I believe that will be the grace period; your last chance to get the sigils from each class rather than just the one currently active one.
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.

04/15/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Zhile
well they did say a big announcement that will shock us or something, the only thing that could shock me would be another class.

I put these two quote together, because for me the only "big news" would be a new class. Therefor, since we have confirmation of no new class, then it's just the hype machine.

*IF* there was a new class, it would/should be paladins... because I have yet to see a class who's focus is on shields or core gameplay involves shields. Since there will be no new class... back to the hype machine... too bad.. because a class announced at this point would be gargantuan in terms of hype and excitement for the game.
There will be five heroes in the game for you to play, come May 15. Those will be the five hero classes that you've seen, and played, and that we've been developing for years. There will not be a sixth, secret class sprung on you in the next month.

I promise.

Let's see how the community will be able to spin this response as a secret *tell* that there will be a 6th class...!
"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
I hope it's the cow level :P
Are we guaranteed a 6th race for expansion?
Well, the op is still TRUE, that there is gonna be a new class, BUT it isnt playable.

I hope its a shield theme melee class.
The theme that they havent used yet is Shield user and shapeshifter.

*IF* there was a new class, it would/should be paladins... because I have yet to see a class who's focus is on shields or core gameplay involves shields. Since there will be no new class... back to the hype machine... too bad.. because a class announced at this point would be gargantuan in terms of hype and excitement for the game.

Exactly, currently shield and shapeshifting are the only theme hasn't return yet.

People says Monk = Paladin.
No, Monk is a hybrid of Some paladin aura theme + some assassin martial arts theme.
The same as DH = Amazon.
No. DH is not amazon,
DH is a hybrid of amazon bow theme + assassin traps theme + assassin discipline theme.

And i Agree that barbarian is going to be barbarian, as their skill is about brute force, you break it down, it remains brute force.
It could just reveal the word "soon" :)

Chomping at the bit at this point. Taking three days off work to play with an old friend. This friend introduced me to Diablo back in 1997.
Actually they will reveal they meant the release date was "2013" and not "2012". Oops!
Necromancer? I wish...

I promise.

There will be TWO!!! For Seven total classes! Necromancer AND Paladin return! This is basically what Kaivax is saying!

Start spreading this rumor, I think everybody is sick of the same "will my comp run D3" and "My completely original thoughts on X gameplay mechanic" threads.
04/16/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Oldon
Necromancer? I wish...

The chance that Necro come back is very slim,
Because, almost all of his theme is used by WD.
But the chance are still there, as blizzard promise that some old class may return on Expansion.

Your Necromancer may not return as Necromancer, but some other dark Theme class.
Pretty sure its just gonna be a picture of Ashton Kutcher with a huge punked banner behind him. IM ON TO YOU BLIZZARD!!!

+1
If you guys dont already know what the final unlock will be, I can tell you........ (this info has already leaked)
That's the info on how to unlock Tyreal as a playable toon.
You get to unlock him if, and only if, u beat inferno on Hardcore mode

PS: Oh and he uses a shield with a spear, like the good spartan he is and can polymorph... into... u know, stuff...