D3, Less of a replay value compared D1/D2?

General Discussion
As someone else mentioned, there will be expansions and most likely new character classes to level. I can also see them adding in more areas, more tricks and traps to higher difficulties, more armor sets to collect, new game mechanisms (like Charms were for D2)...

They've left plenty of room for new gimmicks, bells and whistles in expansions and future patches, so judging the replayability now is not going to be accurate in the least.

Based on my assumptions above, though, I'd say the replayability and longevity of the game for me, personally, is going to be very high.
04/18/2012 10:39 AMPosted by SoloSebo
In this case i would never really have to create a new character?

In Diablo 3, you never have to create a new character, but this is a good thing. Being forced to start a new character because you broke your old one is false replay value and poor game design. If you enjoy the experience of leveling a character from scratch then there's nothing preventing you from doing exactly that, but there's also nothing compelling you to do it if you don't want to.
04/18/2012 10:48 AMPosted by SoloSebo
So the limit went from 8 to 5? that's ok makes sense thanks for this info

No, the limit per account is currently 10. It would seem the basis for this decision is to allow each player to create 1 of each hero on both softcore and hardcore, but you don't HAVE to do it that way obviously. You could make 5 different Wizards and just never change their builds if this is how you enjoy playing, no one is stopping you.

Sure, doing this might sound crazy now, but when, or if, +skill affixes on items become important to builds, it might seem less insane to do something like this. Having two different Wizards to wear build specific gear sounds cooler than carrying around a bunch of different items in your stash or inventory. I guess time will tell.
I don't feel the same at all.

I didn't build a frozen orb sorc in Diablo 2 in order to just experience level 70+ 'endgame'. The journey of creating the character and establishing the build is a big part of the experience.

Diablo 3 will be the same for me.

Say I've built a Sword and Board Barb and leveled him up to 60. I would rather build a two-weapon barbarian from scratch than switch skills and weapons at 60. I'm glad I have that option...but I'll have missed out on the experience and skill mastery over the levels.

Now if I am not mistaken, you create your char, you choose your skills, If you made a mistake in your skill choice POOF no problem switch them around suffer a small delay and bingo NEW CHAR who has masters skills he has never used before..

This is why Diablo III has way more replay value, and is a lot more fun. It wasn't enjoyable starting new characters in Diablo II, there was no reason to create more than one class, it was just a headache that got in the way of enjoying the overall game. You were punished for wanting to try new builds, and if you got bored with the build that you spend dozens of hours on, there was nothing you can do about it. You had to just throw that character away. It was pointless.
1 word:

nuff said.
I can almost guarentee i will have every character beat the normal mode, then after that its whatever i think wee do best in the advanced modes.
Be aware that this is a repeatedly duplicated topic and is thus prone to being reported.

There have already been dozens of threads with hundreds of answers regarding why players will (or won't) continue to replay. I advise using the search function at the top of the page.
04/18/2012 10:39 AMPosted by SoloSebo
n this case i would never really have to create a new character? i can keep the same char and swap his skills out whenever i want?.. this ultimately means i never have to start from scratch again UNLESS i want to idk change my char's name?

and this is great I was so sick of having to start over each time i wanted to play a different roll just to find out that i did not like it and start over again..

And now you can choose to make new toons in order to change your skills but its you choice this time im not forced to do boring crap i hated doing before... act 1 rush plz ... act 2 rush plz... now run diablo and baal over and over and over again just to get to the lvl to use the gear i have can find the build i want to play with.. THANK YOU BLIZZARD no more forced replay...