Topaz Weapon Effect

Items and Crafting
"melee attackers take 3 damage per hit". Please don't keep this as the topaz weapon effect...it is completely useless, ESPECIALLY because rubies give flat weapon damage. At least change it to increased attack steed or something...life steal? Anythings better than this garbage effect
I just looked at the radiant topaz effect in weapons...1800 damage to melee attacks, thats pretty cool. Imagine 3 of them in a weapon? ohh man...that makes for some interesting builds. Maybe even duel wield!?!??!

Take back what i said
1800 is a scary number, especially when the witch doctor video shows a lvl 59 blue weapon with only like 389dps (with an elemental effect).
Note that it says "attackERS" not "attacks" .. meaning it is a reflect damage of sorts.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/radiant-star-topaz

Not sure why reflect damage would be on weapon slots instead of armor slots though?

One other thing.. to get 3 Radiant Stars, you are going to need to invest hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours into the game.. Maybe thousands.

Each Radiant Star quality gem requires 19,000 of the highest level gem that is dropped.
One other thing.. to get 3 Radiant Stars, you are going to need to invest hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours into the game.. Maybe thousands.

Each Radiant Star quality gem requires 19,000 of the highest level gem that is dropped.

Yea, I really think that "stars" will be the end game gem for most people moving up to the top tier through time... at least thats what I plan to do
Yea, but its this rareness of the gems that makes them that much better. Idk about you guys but something tells me i might be putting several hundred hours into d3 ;)
These are absurdly hard to get.
And they are meant for tanks, numbers you could see would be 3000-4000 reflective damage in inferno. This is not that much considering the hp of some of the bosses. =)

Enjoy the insight.
Of the highest quality would take 4782969 chipped topaz to make. =) 3^14'th

AND THAT'S JUST THE TOPAZ PART THEY ALSO REQUIRE MULTIPLES OF OTHER MATERIALS FOR EACH GEM.
Topaz is already going to be up againest +INT to armor slots and + MF to head spot. Pretty damn valuable. Probably wouldn't use Topaz in a weapon slot even if it had % chance to make eyeballs shoot out of rectum....okay maybe that would be awesome.

Maybe depending on how good the WD passive is that applies thorns to pets.
The best would be Max thorns damage (ptopaz in all weapon slots) +thorns dmg in all armor slots (probably going to be a stat for some of the legendary items),

+50% thorns dmg passive for barb (tough as nails)
+15% damage (weapon master) assuming socketing swords
+3% damage as life talent (Bloodthirst)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WYRkgP!VdY!cZccYZ
I dislike thorns. Your enemies can just switch to ranged attacks. It seems un-fun to me to attack your enemies by letting them hit you. I would prefer Topaz did something else. But then, Topaz has always been the least coolest of the gems in my mind, so maybe it'll just stay that way.
Now imagine that with a +2400% thorn damage from a high lvl modifier...
I think topaz should do IAS instead of thorns.
11/08/2012 10:50 AMPosted by YAMATO
I think topaz should do IAS instead of thorns.