70% Unlock Video Is Best So Far

General Discussion
The Sound in D3 is AMAZING.
And one step closer to 100%... I can't wait for you to see it! omgomgomgomg

Thanks for the kind words though, it's very much appreciated. They've poured their lives into this game. It's a labor of love, for sure. Which is why I always tell them to stay far away from the forums. :)

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

I think one of my favorite videos is the GDC one of Christian Lichtner talking about the art of Diablo 3. It made me realize how much hard work has gone into making Diablo 3 and appreciate the game that much more.

I can't wait for its release--which is something I thought I'd never say about any Diablo game.
It took them 2 years to change their horrible +attack/precision stats?

The customers are ALWAYS right. Next time trust the customers instead of having to lose 2 years of development time "trying it out" before finally agreeing with the customers.
Which is why I always tell them to stay far away from the forums. :)

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

lol, that's awesome. I can imagine the frustration/hurt reading a lot of the stuff on forums might engender in the devs...
I like how they find community feedback "very valuable."

"Mostly what we're looking for is trends of people having some underlying problem with something"

I hope they know by now that there's a trending issue with how Bnet 2 makes you feel alone and isolated and how people desire chat channels that actually make you feel like you're part of a community - that you're actually there interacting with everyone - instead of being a simple popup IM / chat messenger style tool like AIM, YM, etc.
And one step closer to...

the return of the Reapers.

Thanks for the kind words though, it's very much appreciated. They've poured their lives into this game. It's a labor of love, for sure. Which is why I always tell them to stay far away from the forums. :)

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

Will the 100% unlock have major story spoilers? If so I want to completely avoid it :(

Please let me know, Blue ones!
It took them 2 years to change their horrible +attack/precision stats?

The customers are ALWAYS right. Next time trust the customers instead of having to lose 2 years of development time "trying it out" before finally agreeing with the customers.
Not always true. There have been a lot of retarded customer suggestions that would totally screw up the game. Sometimes game development is indeed better left in the hands of, you guessed it, game developers.

Additionally though, you never know the other hands at work and things going on behind the scenes. Eg how a movie can be blamed on a director/writer, even though it was the producers forcing them to write a crappy love-story in etc...
Which is why I always tell them to stay far away from the forums. :)

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

It is comments like this, which makes us love Bashiok.

Hilarious.

/cheers!

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

Hey not all of us are angry people :p Wish I could meet them in RL, they sound like super kool people to hang out with.
Well hopefully this means you guys are changing that horrendous skill/rune UI. Ya'll must have been seriously doped up when you thought of that one, cause it's BAD.

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

Unless it's "Game is now released early! Have fun!" I will be disappointed.

Sooo.. Looks like i've set myself up for disappointment :(
I like how they find community feedback "very valuable."

"Mostly what we're looking for is trends of people having some underlying problem with something"

I hope they know by now that there's a trending issue with how Bnet 2 makes you feel alone and isolated and how people desire chat channels that actually make you feel like you're part of a community - that you're actually there interacting with everyone - instead of being a simple popup IM / chat messenger style tool like AIM, YM, etc.

+1

And even though they mention the skill UI change in the video, they still have not given feedback to the thousands of posts which are against it and offer truly viable alternatives (such as making the 'Elective Mode' revert the skill UI used in patch 12).

Being a designer myself, I fully understand and respect the amount of time they have put into this game and appreciate Blizzards work. However, I know there are tons of us out there that would love to see some feedback on both of these pretty major forum topics.

Thanks Blizz!

Sincerely,

Mr. Filter

Will the 100% unlock have major story spoilers? If so I want to completely avoid it :(

Please let me know, Blue ones!

I'm going to avoid the forums until I play through the game. I don't want to be ambushed by a spoiler.