Confirmation - location of SEA servers?

Aus/NZ General Discussion
I doubt that latency wise it will be better at all.

You can do a test if you like.

Compare your pings. (search -> cmd -> "ping www.website.com"

www.us.battle.net
www.sea.battle.net (to see how different it is for you were you on the Sea server.

www.kr.battle.net
www.cn.battle.net

www.eu.battle.net

Thanks I wanted to try this, but I cant ping any of these.. lol
OP, I dont believe there are any SEA servers; and unless they were located within AU/NZ it wouldn't make much difference in terms of lag (in case that is your area of concern here) because of the way our traffic is routed out of the country the ping times to the SEA servers is just as high as NA. Given that NA will be the more vibrant community, just go with NA
Where is it stated that there are no SEA servers?

There were blue posts long ago about SEA having their own servers. Now we are defaulted to the US servers. This doesn't mean that there's no SEA server anymore. And I believe that is what the OP is asking - for someone who knows whether there is a SEA server or not, not a bunch of comments from people who are reading between the blues lines.

Could we get a decisive answer from a blue: Is there a SEA server?

There were blue posts long ago about SEA having their own servers. Now we are defaulted to the US servers. This doesn't mean that there's no SEA server anymore. And I believe that is what the OP is asking - for someone who knows whether there is a SEA server or not, not a bunch of comments from people who are reading between the blues lines.

Sure,

Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:

The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.

Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

Further details can be found in the blog post here.

Sure,

Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:

The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.

Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

Further details can be found in the blog post [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5203654/Introducing_Global_Play_for_Diablo%C2%AE_III-5_1_2012#blog"]here.[/url]

That doesn't really answer the question, in short we don't have a local located SEA server like the SC2 does, we just connect to the US server that give us 250+ms ping.
The question was answered perfectly in the first reply.
I'm confused. So will it matter which region we select or will we get the same amount of lag regardless?
05/02/2012 03:50 PMPosted by LightReflect
I'm confused. So will it matter which region we select or will we get the same amount of lag regardless?

You won't get the same amount of lag regardless, that's the whole point of having geographically-based servers. You'll get less lag connecting to the server closest...or the server to which you have the fastest internet pipe. There isn't a SEA-based server, so your options are either going to be Asia or North America - and chances are nobody here can tell you until the game actually starts, which will give you a lower ping. Because they have defaulted us to the North America servers, seems to suggest they think the best pipe is via there.
They can put servers in my backyard if they like, at least then we would all have good latency of <50ms here in Australia :D

www.us.battle.net
www.sea.battle.net (to see how different it is for you were you on the Sea server.

www.kr.battle.net
www.cn.battle.net

www.eu.battle.net

Is it weird that I get 220ms to all of these from Cairns?
The language is ambiguous and I'm thinking all the server banks are physically located in North America, but grouped into regions like WoW.

Is that correct (blue)?
The language is ambiguous and I'm thinking all the server banks are physically located in North America, but grouped into regions like WoW.

Is that correct (blue)?

I'm obviously not blue, but some of the discussions regarding why there isn't a server in Australia have very specifically referred to the cost of housing a server in Australia. This leads me to believe that your assumption is incorrect - that the European servers are hosted in Europe - and not hosted in North America and simply dedicated for European users.

I think the blue responses are few and far between here, because it's a bit of a sore point - and because people are beating the subject to death over and over. Blizzard is NOT going to change anything related to the location of servers in the immediate future - unless the game goes live in May and none of us in Australia or New Zealand can actually play because of lag.

www.us.battle.net

www.kr.battle.net
www.cn.battle.net

www.eu.battle.net

Is it weird that I get 220ms to all of these from Cairns?

All of those websites might be hosted from the same place. The web addresses of sites and the IP address(s) for connecting to the game lead to different servers so it's not a good indicator of what you'll get. It could be a reasonable indicator if they were housed in the same area, but the great thing about websites is you can host them anywhere.
Doing a tracert I get about 190ms to US Bnet, 150 to SEA, and over 300 to the others.
Sorry dude, you are wrong.

I was hoping for someone who knows what they're talking about to respond.
A response to somebody who is taking there time to answer a question that has already been answered several times before. Do you not know how to search?

Is that correct (blue)?

I doubt we will get a blue response with any useful information about servers, even if us Australians get lag. Let's just hope we can play with 3 other friends and not lock up.
05/03/2012 04:50 PMPosted by LightReflect
Doing a tracert I get about 190ms to US Bnet, 150 to SEA, and over 300 to the others.

Trace routing a website host is not the where the Diablo servers will be kept, you are wrong.

The location of a server is irrelevant unless it aligns with Activision Blizzard business goal, in this case the Australian server will be hosted in America.
We play on the US servers, no SEA server. OP has to be trollin. and lol at the blue's reply, that was such a poor answer.
OP is a troll. The America server is in Los Angeles, USA; the Asia server is in Seoul, Korea.
Really not much to get mixed up here.
From Adelaide i get ~200ms ping to America server, ~250ms to Asia and ~350ms to Europe (UK) server.