Zoltan Kulle (Possible Spoiler)

Lore and Story
In the Wizard story, Firefly, it says:

"She learned temporal magic from the writings of mages who had extended their lives far beyond those of normal men, and read of others who had so empowered themselves that death's gaze passed over them, mages like the mad wizard Zoltun Kulle, who replaced his blood with the sands of time and could not be killed, only imprisoned."

I don't know about y'all, but to me that passage and the bits and pieces mentioned in the Book of Cain about this guy makes it seem very likely that we'll end up fighting this guy. Thoughts?
I think he definitely makes an appearance in the game, maybe a mini-boss or a mid-Act boss, perhaps?

I'm gonna put down a friendly wager and say....end of Act 2//beginning of Act 3-ish... :P
Sounds like a pretty solid wager to me. do you happen to know what in which act we go to Caldeum? because I'm wagering that if the drought is still taking place, he probably has something to do with it
And if you beat him you get steal his sand and make yourself immortal!

The quest for immortality and power is what being a Mage/Wizard is all about.
05/01/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Niggles
Sounds like a pretty solid wager to me. do you happen to know what in which act we go to Caldeum? because I'm wagering that if the drought is still taking place, he probably has something to do with it

I'm almost 100% positive that we hit up Caldeum and the Borderlands in Act II. So that would put our Zoltan Kulle confrontation at mid to end of Act II.
I would think mid personally. i feel the final boss of the act will be someone more known, but that is just me personally
I think we'll see him, but I don't know if we'll fight him. I only question it because according to lore, his head was severed from his body, and his body was sent to another dimension.
Data mined Spoilers below !!

There is actually a quest event showing the party screen that enters the lair of Zoltan Kulle..

We will fight him , most likely in act 2 ... Second row - pic 2 ...

http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2011/november/d3_bosswindow.jpg
05/02/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Hellswraith
http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2011/november/d3_bosswindow.jpg

I'm reasonable confident that the 4th picture from the left on the bottom line is someone wearing Guts' armor from the Berserk manga. In which case we may as well give up, I'm not fighting that.

05/01/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Niggles
i feel the final boss of the act will be someone more known

I believe, though am not certain, that the Act 2 boss is confirmed as Belial although...I don't see him pictured (as described elsewhere anyway) in the link above.

What exactly are those pictures from in terms of their in-game application?
Oh and I agree with the OP +1.
I am extremely confident that we need to reassemble Zoltan Kulle to obtain the Black Soulstone which HE created according to the book of cain. Whether we fight him or not, I am not sure. And as for why we want the black soulstone, I think once Deckard Cain dies, Leah will be our task master, yet she is Diablo's seed, so we are probably being tricked.