Where you dudes getting D3?

Aus/NZ General Discussion
05/08/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Ignishin
um i paid $99 for the CE edition? how come people's prices are up to like 150-200??? or oddly at 89? iare people talking in a different currency here? even that being the cause, why are poeple using dollar signs then? I bought mine in CAD btw.

$99 sounds rather low for the CE.

Did you pre-order from a reputable source? Back of a truck? China?

EDIT: Ah! I just realised, CAD means Canadian dollars? Well, interesting story Mr Canada. This part of the world (Aus/NZ) is subject to criminal price gouging AKA regional pricing. Whilst you may pay something around $59 for a stocked game, we here in NZ will have to pay $99+ for the same game, even though the currency conversion falls insanely short of that $99 price tag. Same goes for DD titles (Steam NZ is trying to sell COD:MW3 for $99). However Australia's government is now launching an enquiry into these high prices.

Yeah, I pre ordered mine through futureshop since at the time EB and Best Buy were sold out. to which both were selling at 99 as well. Btw... whats JB?
quick question, i have mine preordered from amazon, will there be any down side to having an american copy in aus? i currently have a us starcraft account and im definitely regretting it.
JB = JB HiFi. Electronics department store in both New Zealand and Australia. Kind of like Best Buy but usually nowhere near as big.
05/08/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Davies
quick question, i have mine preordered from amazon, will there be any down side to having an american copy in aus? i currently have a us starcraft account and im definitely regretting it.

everyone in australia will be on the us server by default so i wouldn't worry about it too much. as far as i'm aware there'll be no difference between copies sold in australia and america.
Hmm yes, i cant wait til the Aus gov will do something about price gouging. Even big old Blizzard is in on the act, or are all of you blind to that?

BUT, i think the aus gov is inquiring into other areas of price gouging - more so on elderly accommodation/ nursing homes and such. Not the prices of consumer goods/ electronics.

I'd stay in Australia after i complete my post grad if i weren't being so blindly ripped off by the same people I'm trying to cure.
Digital from Blizzard
Getting CE from the JB Hi-Fi store I work at. I think Retail Price is about $129ish. (Don't quote me on it though.)
Just got it through the annual pass promotion.

I used to love having hardcopies of games. Then my son came along. He's two now, and well, let's just say I've found more than one makeshift flying disc laying around the house.

I purely stick to digital these days.
CE from EBgames of course.
I'm getting the CE from game for $150 I believe
CE from EBgames + Digital

Can't wait until Tuesday!