Inferno Build

Barbarian
Figured I'd post what I'm thinking as my primary build to see if there are any suggestions for improvement from the barb community. Let me know what you think. Most of the time I'll be rolling with a group, and hope to interchange this build with a 2 hand or 1 hand and shield depending on what I'm up against.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXVQkS!XcV!caccbc
Explain your builds. Not sure about the logic behind your frenzy build on a couple notes. 1. Will you produce fury fast enough to make your passives worthwhile. 2. You have 2 skills with an extremely large cd.
@Trillvill
You've posted these builds in at least 4 unrelated threads so far, please stop.

@Tozer
Nice max fury build. Are you planning on grouping with a monk at all? If so I would say you could easily drop a source or two of healing.

I think inspiring presence is pretty underwhelming since you already have so much healing from your skills and you should drop it for a defensive passive that will make your health worth more. I would suggest nerves of steel as it looks like with all the healing as a % of max health you have you will be stacking +vit anyway.
@Fellspar

That's because these turds don't read the other threads predating theirs and ask the same damn questions so i re-post in a few. Get over it, read beyond.
This is what I'm gonna roll as for Inferno Tank build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bcVRkP!VbT!ZZaYbY

The group I'm rolling with is

Barb *Me*, Tank
Which Doctor
Wizard
Monk

What I plan on doing is pretty much just take the hits like a boss and just heal myself through it. I think the Monk has a heal ability but I'm not positive.

Reason behind the choices.

MOUSE SKILLS:

Cleave w/ extra fury generating. So I can keep using Rend every CD. This may change, depending on how much rage I receive from Revenge. I would change glyph to enemy movement speed being reduced to keep them near me and away from others.

Rend w/ % of damage being converted to health. So I can keep myself up through all the massive damage. Most fights are gonna consist of a crap ton of enemies. With 1 Rend strike you are coating 5+ maybe even 10+ enemies with it. Each tick will give you health back. That is a lot of health back.

ACTION BAR SKILLS:

Revenge w/ fury and health return. Since I'm melee, I'll be in the think of things. I'l be getting smacked a great deal and with each smack a 15% chance (which is huge with multiple enemies) to use Revenge. Same as Rend, each mob I hit will give me a % of health return. 10+ mobs 80% health return...game changer.

Ignore Pain w/ party getting CD as well. I choose the party getting this buff as well as me because you never know about certain points in the game. A boss could have an AoE, certain pulls could be all ranged mobs...you never know. It's better to prepare for the worst when it shows up then not be prepared for it at all.

War Cry w/ Max life increase and health regeneration. Same as above, a party wide buff that helps everyone. More armor, more health, and even health regeneration. Always keep the button on CD for more rage and in turn more rends.

Wrath of the Berserker w/ more dodge. This is kind of a Oh !@#$, super sayan pop CD's and hope you live type of ability. A proper tank CD that only contributes to yourself. Pop this at the start of bosses so ability may be up again near the end.

PASSIVE SKILLS:

Tough as Nails. Increased armor (Yes please!) as well as back damage on attackers. Like a Shield Spike in World of Warcraft when you block.

Nerves of Steel. Increased armor for all vitality you have (Again, yes please!). Not sure but may stack with Tough as Nails, give you even more armor.

Juggernaut. Many mobs fear, stun, charm, blah blah blah you. You can't use your abilities while feared, stunned, charmed, blah blah blah. So the possibilty of dying becomes greater. This reduces the duration of CC, as well as having a chance to give you health back. Great tank ability IMO.

As you can tell, I have put great thought into what I will be rolling as. I plan on beating inferno and this is what I will be running for multiple mobs. As for tank fights, I will be going more single target tanking unless boss calls otherwise.

Good luck in Diablo 3 everyone. See you in game.
IMO I think your build is good... But i would not take it for Inferno... (you're also using an out dated skill calc... Leap is no longer a secondary)

I think your build is a good build for normal up to inferno, but not inferno because You lack some serious single target.

Frenzy is good but with IMO bash would be better for a single target attack...Plus the knockback could help with some CC.

I feel whirlwind is a better choice because it is a strong AOE but it also serves as a good escape too. I feel these two choices also provide better fury generation...

I like leap! and iron impact...

I like Over power with momentum because of the fury generation..

I like Warcry with charge over because of the sudden impact of fury this could lead to some good escapes with Whirlwind or leap.

And I like earth quake over all the others for aoe because it is flipping strong... i find all of the runes for Earth quake to be good. I like giant stride the best because it is 2 different types of damage at the same time, this could cover for some of the resistances...

I like Pound of flesh covers all of the other regains it just simply increases the health globes...

I like the armor buff simply because it is free armor

and i like the cooldown on earth quake being smaller so as to fire it more often... it would seem in Inferno we are going to need it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXQkT!abS!YYaYZa
@WrathofShane
If you mean your pvp build I haven't thought enough about pvp to really critique anyone's build, if you have another one give it a bump and I'll take a look at it.

@Trillvill
I can't tell if you're trying to get your builds critiqued or if you are thinking you are helping others by posting your builds. If the first, just start your own thread. If the second, you're not. Builds with no explanation as to the reasoning behind why you chose the skills and no critique of the OP's build just waste space and confuse people who are trying to get suggestions for their build.

@Tozer
I was kinda tired last night so I didn't give a thorough look at your build. I think for the most part it looks really good. It's very mobile, fairly defensive, and looks like you'll be able to leap into packs do same damage and charge back out without any real problems.

If I had to make one change it would be to drop overpower for a skill more helpful in a group setting. I would go with ignore pain - mob rule, threatening shout with just about any of the runes, or ground stomp - deafening clash/wrenching smash.
05/08/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Kaizon
IMO I think your build is good... But i would not take it for Inferno... (you're also using an out dated skill calc... Leap is no longer a secondary)

Kaizon, you do know about elective mode, yes?
05/08/2012 02:09 PMPosted by FluffyMuffin

Kaizon, you do know about elective mode, yes?

I obviously dont... what is the elective mode?
OH i think I see what your talking about... you can switch the secondary to be a differnt skill group... Is this going to allow us to have multiple skills from the same group... Cause I was thinking you could only have one...
05/08/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Kaizon
OH i think I see what your talking about... you can switch the secondary to be a differnt skill group... Is this going to allow us to have multiple skills from the same group... Cause I was thinking you could only have one...

Yes, elective make it so you can put any skill anywhere. Except that you cannot put things like some cooldown based things, etc, as a primary skill.

The "group" of skills are just suggestions to make sure that you have a balanced build.
@ Fellspar: I really appreciate the insight. I'll look into potentially transitioning out inspiring presence for an increase in defense with nerves of steel or perhaps more dmg. Great insight here and a big help. I will be rolling with two monks most likely depending on which friends I'm rolling with.
@Tozer
Liking it brother. Yes, great ideas too. We can pick up the extra healing because there will be 2 of us both going support

Like the idea of another CC. All looks awesome.

@Thrillville
You can CHOOSE not to respond and ignore the repeated threads that all look alike.

There are a lot of people who are just now showing forum interest and the negative chat can stay in general.

Here under class forums is the place for people to be able to ask questions and get positive feedback from others.

I see the same threads all the time on the Monk forums. Doesn't mean i need to try to be rude to those who are asking the rest of us for help.

So please take your meager 35 posts and stop complaining about others. You have barely been on these forums to begin with son.