Did you request off work the 15th?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 34 Next
I FORGOT! Nooooo!

But seriously folks. There's a group of us working through the midnight launch, Lylirra is taking first watch while a few of us are at the Irvine event (she deserves your love and admiration). I hope to get back to the office around 2:30 and play my witch doctor (decided on a first class) until I can't go any longer. Hopefully until Nethaera gets into the office. Sleep on one of the couches at work, wake up and keep going, working, and playing as much as I can manage throughout the week. Working at Blizzard is sometimes a dream and a nightmare at the same time. ;)
Lol I know you know that come 2'oclock the whole network is going to get fried i mean just check the sell chart compared to how many people actually played open, i feel your pain first week is going to be hell (just like the first week after bringing a baby home... actually that's a great analogy, seeing as wow is your baby after all just release to the world)
Gonna play in my little cubicle at work, since launch is 3:01pm here local time. After 3 hours, I'll go home and play some more. :)
What's a job?
I did not ask. However, I did tell them I was taking the 15th off.
I used up my 2 week payed vacation time for it lol>>>
Pulled an RDO
I FORGOT! Nooooo!

But seriously folks. There's a group of us working through the midnight launch, Lylirra is taking first watch while a few of us are at the Irvine event (she deserves your love and admiration). I hope to get back to the office around 2:30 and play my witch doctor (decided on a first class) until I can't go any longer. Hopefully until Nethaera gets into the office. Sleep on one of the couches at work, wake up and keep going, working, and playing as much as I can manage throughout the week. Working at Blizzard is sometimes a dream and a nightmare at the same time. ;)
Where's the nightmare?
14th - 18th baby
I got 2 days off paid vacation. Didn't have to give a reason, only a date. One of the few good things about my work.
I FORGOT! Nooooo!

Stop your whining and make sure that the server does not crash =)
yes, I requested it off :P
Or the week of the 15th?

Yes or no and then tell us what exactly you told your boss or if you work somewhere where all you did was request it off on a calender of some sort.

Yep took 2 days off, and at my work we have a no-fault, no-reason policy.. in other words, they don't care why you're off as long as the calendar allows it :)
05/07/2012 08:56 PMPosted by ChrisW
Nope. Not taking time off work for a videogame. It already costs like 60 dollars, why make it cost any more? ... I played the hell out of Skyrim, 150+ hours and now it's been months since I've sat down and played... I don't want Diablo III to suffer the same fate.

Denial.
Suggested it might happen.

Wife caught wind of me maybe taking day off to play PC Game.

Suggested that it might not be in my best interest to miss work for that (both domestically and professionaly).

I'll play after work LOL.

Cheers!
Going_To_Work_Canuck :)
Took the 15th and 16th, may also add the 17th.....
well, i guess being somewhat disabled has it's advantages. i'm staying home to play, and not taking the kids to school, so i will be un-interrupted through-out the whole day. i just have to take a few breaks in between to make sure my spine will survive...
lost my job lat frieday but found work quickly no time off :(
I substitute teach, therefore I have any day off I want - Taking Tuesday - Friday off, but if I want to go in I can. Need moar moneys!