[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next
My sister is trying to get the game on her macbook. It's the older 2007 model, with Intel GMA 950 processor. The game installs and downloads without any error or window saying it's uncomapatible with the laptop, but when she runs hte launcher it just loads a black screen currently. When you press the ESC button however, it'll exit it as if when you are in a working diablo login screen and it closes when you press escape. Anyone know what to do?
Can anyone help me? I have no clue how to compare my specs to the minimum requirements.

I have,

2010 macbook pro snow lepord version 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
4 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

If more info is needed I can provide. Thank you for any help you may give.

You are fine. That is above min specs.

I have the mac mini with these same specs, with the exception I have 8 gigs of ram. My gameplay is rough at best. My character is super slow, creatures just pop up in front of me. My settings are low and the latency bar is full and green. Can you help me figure out The bugs?
Right now I have Mac OS 10.5.8, but before upgrading I want to ensure that the computer's hardware is actually strong enough--i.e. I want to know if upgrading the operating system is ALL I need.

Please tell me if I need more info here, otherwise let me know if this will work:

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8(I know this is insufficient, but it's the other stuff I want to know about)
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

And under the Graphics section it says I have "ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro"

So again, if upgraded to the proper operating system, is the rest of the stuff sufficient? Or do I need to return the game?
Hi guys,

I have a problem with installing Diablo 3 on my Macbook pro late 2010 via bootcamp. I installed it on Mac OS and it runs well but when I switch to Windows 7 Ultimate x64, I got an error while installing "Below minimum specifications: required specifications: Pentium D 2.8GHz...."

My specifications:

Macbook Pro 2010
CPU: Intel Core i7 M620, 2.67 GHz (2 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330
RAM 8GB

This is weird because I think these specifications are above the recommended specifications and I was able to play it on MAC OS on the same computer. ( I need to work on some softwares on Windows)

Anyone has a solution?

Thank you so much.
is this good enough, I start to play and get removed I am using a Cat5 cable I haven't even tried wireless.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W892956A66E
Hardware UUID: E8DB96EF-52FF-572B-8043-1ACAB1118E89
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
No way to make it work on an intel gma950 ??
Because Apple always cheap out on the video card, the 2400 pro has very little memory bandwidth 6.4 GB/sec this gives it a poor pixel fill rate, how fast it can draw stuff to screen. In contrast the recommended card the 4870 has a bandwidth of 115.2 GB/sec that is an 18 fold increase in memory performance.
12 pages and nothing more than its a high priority. C'mon. How stupid do we look?
i have the 17 inch macbook pro, which is supposed to be really good... i can play starcraft 2 with it, but it wont let me install the f*ckin game!!!
theese are my spesifications... any ideas on what i have to do to make this work?

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B04
SMC Version (system): 1.69f1
Serial Number (system): C17FC65KDF8V
Hardware UUID: 61B08BFE-0F51-53A4-B418-1E7375AFE8BB
Sudden Motion Sensor:
My Graphics card is:NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

I have the latest version of lion

i can run the game smoothly as long as I'm in a dark place, like inside a cave or house. But when i get to places that have more detailed background and lighting, my game gets really choppy, and it runs slow.

i don't know whats causing this, i have the display setting on as low as they can get

HELP ME!!:(
Clubsoda, if you look around the Mac Tech Support forums, you will see there is a huge issue with GeForce graphics cards (specifically 9400's). Blizz has said they are looking into it but we have given no time frame. I'd say your best bet is to sit tight and pray for a fix in the near future.
i have the 17 inch macbook pro, which is supposed to be really good... i can play starcraft 2 with it, but it wont let me install the f*ckin game!!!
theese are my spesifications... any ideas on what i have to do to make this work?

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B04
SMC Version (system): 1.69f1
Serial Number (system): C17FC65KDF8V
Hardware UUID: 61B08BFE-0F51-53A4-B418-1E7375AFE8BB
Sudden Motion Sensor:

Super, what chipset model is your GFX card?
No time frame?

Isn't that just another way of saying "They don't care" ?????
I'd like to believe it's more of they don't know how to resolve the issue quite yet. I'm not sure how large the Mac based gaming community is but I'm sure it's decent enough because they addressed it. I'm hoping for good news just as much as the rest.
Im using my mac book
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

everything seems to be up to par with the minimum requirements, the game with play but as soon as there are at least 3 monsters on screen the game becomes so slow it is unplayable even on the lowest settings any ideas? I know it also has nothing to do with internet speed since my girlfriend can play just fine on her desktop also using the same internet.
05/09/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Machkhan
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M
]
Game wasn't coded properly for Macs. Fix incoming. ETA ~3 months. Get refunded now before the 30day digital deadline expires, if that is how you received your copy.

This is an incorrect and misleading statement. Blue posted 2 days ago that they have found the error and are testing the patch. This means 1-2 weeks tops. Frustration is understandable but please don't post misleading information when you could have simply found the correct information on the main thread.
I have an issue with an os , version of os on my iMac is os x 10.5.8 and i cant get the game to download , i have a Mac mini with os x 10.6.8 but it cannot run the game , is there any hot fix or
any kind of patch that can make diablo 3 run on my iMac .