Collector's Edition Does Not Get Notepad!

General Discussion
us annual pass holders get only a digital copy :(. So we get screwed out of our money the most!

...You know if we..actually paid for the game...and stuff...
I ordered the digital standard edition so I don't get the CE contents or a Notepad. :(
I have the standard edition cause the box looks legit, and I get a notepad. Guess what? Collector's edition doesn't come with either.

Laughing all the way to the bank since I saved $40.

congrats, you have paper
Regular edition comes with a notepad? I feel so ripped off now...
You get flappy wings that tells everyone you spent money for flappy wings. Um. Kudos on your real money tendrils. Oh and you can colour your armor 2 extra shades... um. Yeah. Not really gonna impress me with that.

You get a usb key? Wow. Don't have a usb key. Oh wait. I do have a usb key. It comes with Diablo 2 and the expansion? Great. I allready played that game...but if you wanna play it again be my guest. Enjoy the 800 x 600 resolution and 10 year old graphics.

Oh and a plastic skull to hold a usb key? Really. Plastic. You know where my usb key sits? On my desk. Blam. It's great for holding things like that. It also holds up my drinks and my computer.

Art book. Surely a stationary picture is better than playing this new game. Why play the game when you can look at pictures of things in the game! That's where all my time is going! I can become an art gazer. Kind of like a ....well never mind.

Collector. Must really love collecting useless crap to want to buy that collection. ^_^

But really come on. Come on. Really. Ask yourself. Really.

And no I'm not trying to make people not buy it. They are allready sold out. Just making some fun is all. No hate. Just jesting.

It's $100.00, Lol stop being so poor.
You get flappy wings that tells everyone you spent money for flappy wings. Um. Kudos on your real money tendrils. Oh and you can colour your armor 2 extra shades... um. Yeah. Not really gonna impress me with that.

You get a usb key? Wow. Don't have a usb key. Oh wait. I do have a usb key. It comes with Diablo 2 and the expansion? Great. I allready played that game...but if you wanna play it again be my guest. Enjoy the 800 x 600 resolution and 10 year old graphics.

Oh and a plastic skull to hold a usb key? Really. Plastic. You know where my usb key sits? On my desk. Blam. It's great for holding things like that. It also holds up my drinks and my computer.

Art book. Surely a stationary picture is better than playing this new game. Why play the game when you can look at pictures of things in the game! That's where all my time is going! I can become an art gazer. Kind of like a ....well never mind.

Collector. Must really love collecting useless crap to want to buy that collection. ^_^

And no I'm not trying to make people not buy it. They are allready sold out. Just making some fun is all. No hate. Just jesting.

Someone is mad they couldn't pre-order in time.
All this over a notepad? Man that is one desperate troll
05/11/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Icydéadppl
4 free months of WoW

You have to pay money to get to that point.

Nothings free.
05/11/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Sabacca
and I get a notepad

...to draw your own collectable art book?

Someone waited to long to preorder the CE?

Seriously, who are you trying to convince? CE buyers, or yourself?
I don't see why people are making a big deal about these "wings." From what I've seen, they look kind of lame. Sure, if they were larger like those Tyrael had in Diablo 2, it would be kind of neat, but in Diablo 3, they are small and strange looking.

As for myself, I bought the digital version, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm not buying the game to flaunt the fact that I spent and extra $40 and had to wait for my game to be delivered. I didn't buy the game to try to show off. I bought it to play, and that's just what I'm gonna do, and guess what? Those wings aren't going to make you any better at the game than someone with a standard edition.

On a side note though, I do find it kind of greedy on Blizzard's part for not knocking $5 or even $10 off the digital version as compared to the standard boxed version. Not only would it encourage sales, those sales would be digital (hence no need to manufacture any physical discs, etc.) which has to save Blizzard money. Not to mention that those of us who purchased the digital version, which is actually more profitable for Blizzard and easier, don't get access to any guest keys for friends. It's really a shame.

If they knocked the price down on the digital download, brick and mortar businesses would rage hard. Just consider it a convenience fee for not having to get up off your !@# and go to a store.

And the wings are bad $%^.
My CE box came with a few extra things your regular box couldn't fit inside of it.
Note pad

vs

Artbook
Wings
Diablo Skull (with Diablo's crystal USB insert, that has D2 + expanions on it)
Soundtrack
Behind Scenes
Awesome Display Box that down road make Diablo Fans go "Ahhhhh"

P.S. CE + Beta Access = Yes I am truly one of few chosen ones that knows great quality when they see it before average person those.

So I be hanging out, with my Wings + Beta Title/Emblem Flag. =3 you can have your notepad.

Haha, I think someones upset they didn't get a CE ;-)
Lots of people seem to buy the CE for the wings.

What about the 100+ page art book that chronicles the last 12 years of Diablo development? That is worth the $40 alone.

I'll keep the ornate diablo skull and soulstone at work on my desk ;). Additionally, although the music cd can be acquired through other means, I think it's worth buying the CE if a portion of the proceeds go to the sound team and composers because I feel like they did a tremendously good job.

As far is in game items go, I'm more interested in the custom armour dyes than the wings.

The blue ray behind the scenes development dvd with all 27 minutes of the high res cutscenes will be fun to watch as well.

jealous much?
A note pad, really? Who still uses paper?
My CE shipped from Best Buy today. What it cost me will extra will take me an hour to earn back at work, what I'll get from it will give me hours of additional enjoyment above and beyond the basic game. Worth it at thrice the price. If it's not worth it to you, don't get it. See you in sanctuary. I'll be the Monk with wings.