Diablo III Expansion

Lore and Story
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
The stone wasn't destroyed it fell. Chris Metzen stated int he Behind the scenes that they do want to bring Leah's soul back in some form or another. Mathael Is missing, Adria could really be working for him. Tathamet. There's !@#$loads left.
I watched all the miles of credits expecting at least some end art graphics. But when nothin happened, I was a bit disappointed.
To be quite honest I think blizzard might of destroyed or might still possibly come out with an amazing expansion. The biggest thing that got me was "Diablo" had a daughter, an offspring. Yet they deicided to kill her off within seconds of finding that out. Which I was more annoyed with anything in the game. To have the forces of heaven possibly turn, to gain the offspring of diablo in our favor? Would of been quite a twist and something I would of love to see. Diablo 3 did have some flaws that bugged me. Don't get me wrong I love the game and I'm glad it brought back some old school lore, but I was hoping to explore something new. Not replay the same areas of pretty much diablo 2. The major new area was Heaven instead of Hell, which was pretty much the same thing. Filled with demons and diablo is waiting for you at the end. Would of been really nice to see a background of a great war between the angels and demons while you ventured on with your quest, like in A3. During the siege. Expansion -I want the offspring of diablo to come back, and have her revenge on Adria, though again. The plot is what personally I think would be great. Spawn of Evil, is good. While the Defenders of the light, turn Evil. And hopefully some new Areas to explore. Like in D2, I hate A2. As well in D3. I nearly lost my mind roaming in the dessert ._.
ok this proboly was already posted but ill put it here anyway.

so lets see what we still got left to see and kill in diablo series

.adria the lord of terror's !@#$%
.lilith
.inarius
.malthael
.some unkown demons and angels that also joined the renegades during the sin wars.

as far as i know, there is alot of ground to cover yet, i just hope they can make more out of it instead of making in 4 chapters like diablo 3 (felt a bit too speeded up even with all the lore explanations avaible troughout the game)

Note : if i missed any noticable character add it here.
i liked the idea of human hosts, but Cain as the archangel ?

maybe if he was mathael in desguise peraphs ? would be more intriguing then elevating his soul as archangel, even if mortals saved the angels city i still doubt that imperious would let something like that happens if he has anything to say abou it.
Possible Spoilers!!!

Just my theory but probably going to be two expansions, one for each two of the four remaining lines in the prophecy of the end days.

…And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.

These events have already occurred in Diablo 3 with Malthael missing, and Tyrael falling to earth.

Valor shall turn to Wrath-
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.

Imperius got his !@# kicked by Diablo, and Auriel didn't really seem full of despair so I don't think these happened yet.
Probably next expansion will have Imperius as a main villain, and something happens to Auriel.

Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all-
as Fate lies shattered forever.

2nd expansion, Malthael returns as Angel of Death becoming a main villain, something happens to Itherael.
Adria the witch is still alive.
Imperius is pissed off and apparently very moody.
The black soulstone fell from Diablo's body yet it's fate wasn't revealed.
Leah's soul may still be important.

I think it's safe to say there will be an expansion. They have plenty to work with. Personally I'd love to see a corrupted Imperius.

Adria seems to be the most obvious candidate for the center of an expansion.

I don't think Imperius is really all that angry anymore. He seemed fine with letting a mortal, sacrilegious Tyreal take his place among the Angiris Council.

From what I saw in the end cinematic, the black soulstone just turned to dust.

If Leah is still somewhere, I do think she's probably pretty pissed about the whole "YOU TURNED ME INTO DIABLO" thing.

to be fair. Its at least partially her own fault for NOT LISTENING when the nephalem told Leah to not be so quick to trust a mother she never knew.
Talk to the Gem vendor Chen, the way he describes his adventures in his search for a Jewel which imprisons some kind of big bad wreaks of future content foreshadowing. Assuming it's not some expanded universe crap he's referencing of course.

All the followers and artisans and open ended stories. Think that's just the way they were written.

On that note though did we ever find out who or what Shen even was?

I think its pretty heavily implied he's Zei, the wandering Xiansai god of tricksters, who wanders the world disguised as a humble merchant.

What with him having met people who died hundreds of years ago, knowing so much about events by all rights he shouldnt be, and being completely immune to supposedly cursed artifacts like the crusible.
We have defeated HELL now its time to defeat the HEAVENS
05/17/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Vexander
Another expansion could possibly include Lilith's return and teaming up with Inarius now that the Eternal Conflict has ended, to attempt to control their wayward children.

Well remember they hate each other and havent seen each other since. They broke up because of their "children" because they had very different ideas.
05/19/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Gnowain

All the followers and artisans and open ended stories. Think that's just the way they were written.

On that note though did we ever find out who or what Shen even was?

I think its pretty heavily implied he's Zei, the wandering Xiansai god of tricksters, who wanders the world disguised as a humble merchant.

What with him having met people who died hundreds of years ago, knowing so much about events by all rights he shouldnt be, and being completely immune to supposedly cursed artifacts like the crusible.

"The people of the island of Xiansai revere a number of gods that total 59. The most well known, if not revered is Zei, the god of thieves. It is said that he often disguises himself as a mortal and searches the world for rare jewels."
Sure, they can do infinite sequels. The metaphysics of the Evils and the soulstones are whatever they want them to be. Here's a template:

"It is I, <unimportant but popular NPC from a past game> and it turns out that I prevented the bad guys from actually dying by <magic, do not explain> and their souls are trapped in <macguffin> but despite admitting to saving the main bad guys everyone should believe I am a good guy because <not even magic can explain this> until I reveal that I've been a bad guy all along in a shocking twist!"
Let's not forget that the level cap is 60, not 100. They did the same with WoW, and started increasing the level cap till they eventually hit 100 I'm sure. I have a feeling they will do this with D3 as well. Plus, they keep pressing the 7 evils so hard and keep coming back to the number 7 throughout the game that I feel like they're preparing us for 7 acts. Just an idea.
Some one else mentioned the Necromancers, and I think this is something important that Blizzard, if they actually have any intention on keeping the lore intact, need to focus on. The balance has definitely been disrupted, and for any one who knew any thing about the lore in D2 the necromancers were never evil, except if they had become corrupted, but were almost entirely neutral. The balance that they worked so hard to enforce has certainly been thrown off, now with the destruction of the world stone, the war on the High Heavens, and the banishment of all the prime evils.

I can definitely see a Necromancer based expansion, or at least a come back for the Necromancers. Simply because the Prime Evils were bad, doesn't mean that they were unnecessary, they were all part of the natural flow of the world. The Necros may very well decide that they need to pick up the mantle that has been left behind, not because they are evil, but because there is a need for it. Or, maybe Trang'Oul has become corrupted? That might be neat.
Adria is the most obvious loose end. Id really like to see an act set in a jungle, since Act 3 was my fav in D2. But Im not sure how they'd outdo THE prime evil from a canonical perspective short of fighting Tethamet himself. I wouldn't be suprised though if Blizzards new MMO was to be set in the Diablo universe. Id like to see a lot more of Sanctuary itself flushed out.
Honestly, I think this is the way blizzard works. They did not make D3 with the intent to have a clear story and an explanation of everything. IMO, they intentionally told the story the way they did and left the cliff hangers the way they did. All D3 is doing is setting up the scene and lore for their next MMO....

The way I see it, D3 will have an expansion, then World of Diablo (Titan) will be announced.
Expansions will eat my wallet, that's for sure.
VYNIL
Edited by djdkmowze#1124 on 5/14/12 2:57 PM (PDT)
!SPOILER WARNING!

since diablo was killed,

he doesnt require a soulstone right? so does that means that he will come back?

he's still in the black soulstone