Problem During Installation

Technical Support
After I agree to the license agreement a window pops up: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Costumer Support."

I've run scans on my hard drive and tried installing in selective start-up mode, but no change.

Any ideas?
I've got the same problem and wondering the same myself. I'll keep fiddling and see what I can do, not expecting much at 6:40am :P
Getting the same problem.
Just used the downloader again and pointed it to the same directory. Even though i had no .part files it stil downloaded an extra 6mb and then installed ok.
05/14/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Demandread
Just used the downloader again and pointed it to the same directory. Even though i had no .part files it stil downloaded an extra 6mb and then installed ok.

Thanks Demandread, this worked for me too! My game is now installing.
Yes Vedek you do. Make sure you select the correct region (Americas). That has been part of the problem for people with this issue.
I got this error and had to re-run the download client as well. Solved the problem.

I was about to have a heart attack if this didn't install :P
Had the same problem, where I had to download the extra few mb. Worked a treat after that.
I'm having the same problem and having to re-download is there any way to avoid this?
05/14/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Vëdek
My region says "global" and doesn't give me a choice to choice. I live in Australia.

I live in aussie too, and have a global region. It should work fine with that.
05/14/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Vëdek
Did you have to download all 7.6gig again?

If you point it to the same directory as your previously download it will go through and check the contents of the previously downloaded files, and then download an extra few mb at the end.
How do i point it at the same file it doesn't seem to give me an option on where to download it to?
I had the same problem. Went to my account to run the pre-download again and noticed it had selected 'English (EU)'. There's a link next to it 'Change' click that and you'll see a list. Fellow Aussies need to select 'English (US)'.

After that a small executable downloads (it doesn't matter where to). Run this. If you then get asked where you want to download to (by the Blizzard Downloader) that's when you point it at your previous D3 download location. It didn't ask me though, just took me straight to the launcher with the 'Install' button.
exact same problem as above.
So now it's trying to download 8.15gb again and there doesn't appear to be a way to get it to look at the old install location. Awesome.....