Activate the game?

General Discussion
During installation of D3, it asked me if I had already activated the game or if I wanted to go and activate it now.

Seeing as I bought the game under my current account on the blizzard website and that I played the beta for 4.5 months, am I to assume that I've activated my Diablo 3 game or is there something that I actually need else to do to activate the copy of the game that was bought on the blizzard website?

I tried to login and apparently it took my user email and password as it asked me for my authenticator code, does that mean I'm all activated and just need to login tonight at midnight and be able to play?

Thanks
Bump the crap out of this!
Same, it's asking me to input a product key, which I don't believe I ever got for my digital copy. It seems to be installing fine, but I'd like to be able to activate before tonight.
IF you did the digital pre-sale or annual pass, then your account is already active. what its asking you for is the cd key you got from your retail copy of the game, since you would need to activate on your b.net account before playing.
Log into Battle.net. On the Games & Codes page, click on D3. On the D3 page, next to the picture of the D3 box, it should say Account Status, and right under that it should say ACTIVE. If this is the case, you've activated it.
05/14/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Kidro
IF you did the digital pre-sale or annual pass, then your account is already active. what its asking you for is the cd key you got from your retail copy of the game, since you would need to activate on your b.net account before playing.

Okay cool, thank you. There should maybe be an explanation of that somewhere. I can see a lot of digital owners getting confused and wasting a lot of time on that.
Log into Battle.net. On the Games & Codes page, click on D3. On the D3 page, next to the picture of the D3 box, it should say Account Status, and right under that it should say ACTIVE. If this is the case, you've activated it.

Great, thanks for the explanation of how to check it. Looks like I'm all active and ready to go then.
Hi everyone. I'm an old man ... long-time Blizzard fan, first-time forum poster ... bear with me.

Quid pro quo; (hopefully this helps some people with the "Activate" issue) ...

I bought the digital copy of the game last night (5/13/12 - 5/14/12), downloaded the installer with ease, then loaded the installer and started installing the game. It asked me to "Activate Diablo III," then gave me an option to "Activate Now" or "I've already activated."

Because I'm a neanderthal, I chose "Activate Now." Little did I know, that because I bought the digital copy, my version of Diablo III had already activated (I've come to understand if you bought a WoW season pass, it activates Diablo III as well).

Well, b/c I selected "Activate Now," my install stopped at 5%. I cancelled the download after I had noticed it was stuck (took me 30 mins ... I'm a neanderthal), went to my battle.net account, went to the Diablo III page, and saw my status as "Active." I then re-initiated the installer, but selected the "I've already activated" option this time. My install was complete within 20 mins!! I hope this helps everyone having a problem activating!

I WISH IT WAS 2AM CST ALREADY!!!!
Yeah, someone could have clarified it for a game that was in production for over 5 years.
This all sounds good but I'm busting to play and I can't - I have the WOW Annual pass got the game but it won't let me in as it says I don't have D3 license.

If I look on account page shows me as active but this is NOT happening for me :(
i got the starter edition and it also told me to activate it... i followed ronincoder's instructions and under account status it says started edition...