Spirit Walk apreciation thread

Witch Doctor
Currently at middle of 2nd act playing almost eclusively solo (yeah , i know it's not much).

So far as defensive goes Dog's die too easly for you to depend on them. (not saying they are bad, i'm just saying they are no replacement for a real defensive spell).

Horrify is good CC, has two problems imo, one being so shot ranged without the rune, 2nd being underpar when playing solo imo.

Haven't obtained wall yet :(

Yet Spirit Walk not only is good, but it's f***ing awesome to use, dodging Boss's hits like a pro, saving your !@# when you are cornered aganist a whole group, and making your WD badass.

Anyone else with me?
I'm with you.

It will be a very useful skill in Hardcore Mode.
Alot of people have been complaining about the ease with which the dogs die, but I've found that the best way to use them with my current gear is to wait until they are low on HP and then use Sacrifice to blow them up and do a large amount of AoE damage.

I've tried all my abilities so far, but I still like the 'feel' of the poison darts much better than the spiders or toadlings. Only got up to 14 and end of Act I before I had to go into work today, can't wait til try out Spirit Walk!
I'm currently using Direbats for main damage dealing since it has so much range and epic damage , passes though foes so it **%#s the battlefield. When mana ends (still no vision quest) i use toads since Direbats are already my range choice. Works wonders, if you dont get pissed at missing the frogs from 1 metter away sometimes.
Direbats is insane damage, eh? (Start of Act 2)
05/15/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Chito
Direbats is insane damage, eh? (Start of Act 2)

I actually use my bats unruned in Act 2. Getting a full 5 stack from Soul Harvest requires me to be in Firebat range anyways, so I can just run in, drop a slow/dot circle, Harvest, and spin around firebatting and everything dies (norm).
05/15/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Elzam
I actually use my bats unruned in Act 2. Getting a full 5 stack from Soul Harvest requires me to be in Firebat range anyways, so I can just run in, drop a slow/dot circle, Harvest, and spin around firebatting and everything dies (norm).

I don't like soul harvest funwise. :(
Spirit walk is amazing, attacking while invisible is awesome
When first fought the butcher (lvl 16 HC), I would have died if not for spirit walk. It has not left its skill slot since I put it in.
In boss fights I use it to dodge the big hits and get to safety. For fighting packs, I do what everyone else says. I run through the pack, harvest, then spin around and clear everything out with direbats. Rinse and repeat.
while this spell is not part of my main build, it certainly did come in handy against Belial.

(just for reference, i just completed act 2 normal.)
I've been using it since maybe act 3 normal and am now half way through act 1 hell. I don't think I'll ever drop it as it has such great potential when used both defensively and offensively.