constant freezing during gameplay

Technical Support
It only happens in certain areas, I am in Watterlogged Passage right now and I can't go more than 2 minutes without having a hiccup/game freezing, sometimes it even forces me to desktop. How can I fix this? I have tried switching up settings and whatnot, but nothing helps.

I also had this problem in the beta, but put everything to low and it fixed it. I know my card is powerful enough to run this game on high, so its not a hardware issue.

Card is GTX 260, and my drivers are 296.1.
Same Card. Same Issue... :(
Now my game just crashed and I can't even start the game up, says it cant create D3D device.
GTX 280, runnable but the graphics mess up sometimes + "lagspikes", diablo was a hard fight....
i believe they are working on the servers right now.
bump
really fast board, and I'd like a Blizz response to this mass issue.
I'm on a GTS 250, same problem, it's really annoying, and it becomes more frequent as the game progresses, probably because the graphics gets heavier in the catacombs.
any idea if Blizz will ever fix this? this has been a known problem since the beta, was really hoping it would be addressed on release.
Same for me.
I tried turning everything to low but still no help.
I opened up my comp, cleaned it, and still nothing.
I fixed it.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.24-beta-driver.html

Beta driver
I had the same issue with a Radeon HD 6870 card. I actually turned all my graphics to high and checked all the boxes on the graphics page, then changed my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x1000. This worked fine for awhile. I changed the resolution back to test and instantly froze.

After awhile the computer started heating up and freezing up again. I changed my graphics card fan to run at 100% and haven't had a problem since. I've been playing all day. The card has been running at about 65 degrees C.

Good luck!