FPS cut when mousing over objects, and other.

Technical Support
I had this problem in the beta as well, and although the retail version of the game seems to have made it somewhat better, it still happens. When mousing over an NPC, monster, gold, anything with a mouse-over effect, my FPS stutters between 30-60. When not mousing over things, it stays around 60. Also, when simply walking around with no monsters on screen, my FPS seems to stutter although the FPS counter never leaves 59-60. This is especially bad in Tristram for some reason. Even at all Low (Or Off) settings, this still happens.

EDIT: Forgot to add that even with all Low (Or Off) settings, events like the four pillar room before the Skeleton King force my FPS to stutter between 20-60 FPS. I'm honestly not sure if this is just a problem with my computer, or the game itself, as I run far more graphically intense games better than Diablo 3.

Vista (64-bit)
AMD Radeon HD 6670
1680x1050
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
2.36 GHz
Bumpin'. Curious to see if anyone else with my card has this problem.
Tons of people are reporting these issues. We can only hope that Blizz comes out with a fix soon. Seems like about 1 out of 3 people I know have this problem.
I have the same issue. I'm rather pleased at how passably the retail version runs on my laptop's weaker GPU, but it does chug on mouseovers. It's also a Radeon, in case it's an ATI-specific glitch.