Simply unplayable.

Mac Technical Support
running on a imac with the nvidia 9400 right now and have been playing for the past 3 hours and its just unbearable, excessive screen tear, fps lag, basically everything is just laggy. I had to set my resolution down to 800x600 just so i can play the game slightly better. Hope theres a fix soon to where we can play in the right resolution meant for our macs and enjoy the game. Because the way this is now, is NOT enjoyable..actually very frustrating. hope to see a fix sometimes soon i mean ive only been waiting to play this game for like 7 years now
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0869
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3454
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
have the same specs.
and it really bums me out that the game is really slow when your outside. been wanting this game for so long.
until beta patch 16 it was atleast much better. what happened blizzard?
If you guys have a copy of windows 7 then I would bootcamp your macs. Windows utilizes your RAM much better than Mac OS. Windows actually allocates more RAM from your system RAM than Mac does which allows it to perform better. Thats if you can return the mac version of the game of course.
There is no Mac only and Windows only Version of that game...
There is no mac or windows version. Simply uninstall the game on the Mac side and bottcamp to Windows 7 and install there. In my experience the FPS is alot better when bootcamp compared to running it on the Mac OSX. I tested this with SC2 on a MBP 08' using a 9600M GT. Good luck.
Ok cool. That makes the process even easier. Good Luck!