This is rediculous

Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
05/15/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Adam
This is just poor planning and execution on their part. Guess it's easy to be lazy when all that matters is the $$$ rolling in on day one, doesnt it?

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry." -- John Steinbeck

It's easy to call the Blizzard engineers "lazy" and accuse them of "poor planning and execution." The reality is a lot more complex than this. They aren't perfect. They did their best, ran into some unforeseen problems, and are doing their best to fix the issues.
05/15/2012 02:53 PMPosted by briankc

^^ this
05/15/2012 02:53 PMPosted by briankc
This is just poor planning and execution on their part. Guess it's easy to be lazy when all that matters is the $$$ rolling in on day one, doesnt it?

It's easy to call the Blizzard engineers "lazy" and accuse them of "poor planning and execution." The reality is a lot more complex than this. They aren't perfect. They did their best, ran into some unforeseen problems, and are doing their best to fix the issues.

You are exactly right. When one of these dorks figures out how to make real money off of fake items, stuff goes south.

I bet if someone bought an item with their real cash and it poofed, you'd whine about Blizzard not fixing it.
Don't know what the fuss is about. Install and game works great for me. Now, taking any network related concerns out of the issue, no problems here. It's amusing to hear people whine but really, not everything works flawlessly from the start.

Online only for:
Achievements
Auction House
RMAH
Joining w/Friends
Preventing (hopefully most) hacks

Same issue like how people whined when SCII came out that it was online only. Other than for scheduled maintenence, I don't think I've ever seen B.Net drop outright until today (which given the load isn't surprising).

I'll still stand on being patient and letting them fix whatever comes up. No reason to panic.
irritated since i ordered this back in december and now can't play it because of the errors. ready to play......it's all ive talked about for years.
If you bought a disk at least you can use it as a Frisbee while waiting to play, those of us who paid 60$ for the digital copy cant even do that.

Way to not include an offline option, THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I WANT OFFLINE PLAY! Even if I couldn't progress my character on B.net I AT LEAST could kill time.

Have a beer, smoke a cigarette, rub one out, make a sandwich (or yell up the stairs for your mom to bring you one Cartman). Are you people really flipping out about this?
05/15/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Vanilladutch
is it also ridiculous?

Obviously he means that it's diculous again.
Let's get some perspective here. Remember Mass Effect 3 (A similarly always online single player game.) Lauded as a "Cultural event of 2012" and all that? Ridiculously huge sales?

They had server problems as well! Turns out they got it sorted after a half-hour.

Soooo... yeah, this doesn't make Blizzard look good in any way shape or form. Not that they need to give a !@#$, because they already have the money of everyone whining about it.
people are acting like the engineers are getting high and playing kerplonk. Yea they could have prepared for this better but they didnt, but they also didnt expect to have this many copies of the game sold either. Diablo 3 sold more copies on Amazon.com then any other game in history. More people went to the midnight releases then they did for max payne. lets just hope our patiences pays off
OMG! People cant play a game that has A TON OF PEOPLE LOGGING IN AT ONCE AND TRYING TO CONNECT TO AT ONCE! Just shut up. This is a game you are given the rights to PLAY. You don't OWN anything in Blizzard. You just pay blizzard to LET YOU play their game. Blizzard doesnt have to allow you to play their games people. and Look if you dont like what they are doing... Then Leave. No one is forcing you to buy their game. You cant sit there and say "Blizzard you F'd up or I demand my money back" Because they didnt FORCE you to buy their game. and its THEIR game they can litterally do what ever they want to it. Quit the Whining and complaining. I was at school all day.. And i didnt even have to do anything cause lower classmen were testing and i wasnt. i was at school for no reason. but omg look im waiting for my download to finish and so i can start playing what I can and when i can. The point is. Its a game. Quit complaining. If you dont like it. Go find yourself another game that is just as good or anywhere close to Blizzard line of Production. TBH you people need to realize. Blizzard is an AMAZING company (no im not a suck up. Im saying their Customer support rocks if you arent a complete D-bag to them) and Also. Rule number one. The Customer is not always right. TBH the customer is RARELY right.
Players be trippin'
I agree, I'm trying to stay positive but I still can log into the game. I keep getting error 315300. And I've done everything they suggested. I took the day off for this. :(
When will anyone truely get it. Every major game launch is always exactly like this. and all the form are like this too. this happened with bf3, black ops, mw3 and cod elite. cod elite was so bad ea accually gave one month free. one of the mw2 dlcs where so bad that ms gave me a month of xbl for free to.

it has nothing to do with stress test's at launch. they are well aware there servers can not handle launch day. they put up just enough servers to handle a regular amount of players, NOT the slue of players at first. they just are too cheap to pay the extra cap for extra servers at launch that will be unnessisary after a few weeks.

Have a beer, smoke a cigarette, rub one out, make a sandwich (or yell up the stairs for your mom to bring you one Cartman). Are you people really flipping out about this?

Funny thing is I'm not a bum living at my moms house, and being that I have a college class in an hour i really shouldn't be getting drunk.

Not everyone is as lame as you.

So... you're in college. Holy pale mother of a holy infant, let me get down and bow real quick before you get pushed into the real world.
I find it rather amusing how so many are posting stuff like "100% of your customers cant play and are unhappy with the service you are providing blizz, blah, blah, blah..."

First, the game has worked out just fine for me and probably MANY, MANY others. I have been leveling since about 3am this morning without hardly any issues at all.

Second, there are literally thousands of angry people posting on this website....so not everyone is having issues or there would be MILLIONS of posts...

Third, dont take a day off work and then complain cause you cant be a slug, skipping work/school to play a game. When you own a company providing something for millions of people and its flawless or has few issues, then you can then complain...till then, !@#$!