Lost Achievements

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 31 Next
if you told me 2 days ago that

1) blacksmith achievement fails half the time
2) you can only try get it once per account

i would not have played. i would have waited however long it took for them to fix it before doing that stupid quest.

Exactly.

Achievements might not seem like big deal, but they kind of are. They are essentially a progress meter and it makes me feel left out when I don't have the same progress my friends have, even though I did the work for it. That's just not fair.

It's enough to make me wait to play. I'm not saying boycott Blizzard I love the game I want to enjoy it. But yeah it is frustrating when people like me book time off work and bypass other events in order to enjoy the game that they were told was going to be available.

Again, not saying I hate Blizzard, but this issue for sure deserves some type of explanation. That's all I want!

The point of this thread should be to get their attention and get a response, because we haven't got a good one yet.

I agree completely, that's another reason why i think we should tweet them at @BlizzardCS They have been responding to people pretty rapidly on there. If we want an answer or a small amount of reassurance, that is probably our best bet right now.
And no sticky either.

It's really annoying that we have a legitimate issue here getting swamped by all the other forum QQ.

Yes... GOD yes. While people are QQ'ing about the game's length and demanding an offline mode, a real issue is getting buried.
My achievements got messed up for the second time this morning. This is ridiculous. I hope they can fix it and give us credit for what we did.
05/16/2012 08:16 AMPosted by tacD
Uhhh, no. A lot of people are already well into the game. How would that be fair to them? An account wipe should never be an option. You know what should be an option? Blizzard doing their f***ing job.

Couldn't agree more!

Sorry, yes, I didn't expect Blizz to wipe everyone's account, was just saying that if I had a CHOICE between not being able to regain my achievements or an account wipe, I would take the account wipe for ME (not system wide). I had an issue in WoW where I got the second achievement in a chain, but not the first (though getting the 2nd was impossible without getting the first) and it was never fixed. I hope in this case, they could just add some code to check the status of the various artisans and then just give the achievements that match the status. The other achievements I can redo later (I'd rather not have to, but I'll take what I can get)
Came back this morning after having regained some and gotten a few new achievements, and I've lost a few more. 5 steps forward, 4 steps back.
Hey guys,

As you can probably imagine, our servers are currently really busy handling all the new players coming into the game.

The achievements server in particular is being hammered, which may be why your achievements are not showing up. It is not that they are deleted, but that there is a (very long) delay in retrieving that data.

We are working on it :)

You can put your smiley where the sun never shines tbh...not funny at all
I'm pretty sure there is an easier and better solution than an optional account wipe...
They have our progess on their server, they can just build a check that when you (for example) build an item at the blacksmith give you the achievment if you already don't have it.
There are a lot of ways, account wipe its just LOL
Yup, mine are gone as well. I thought I was crazy at first.
05/16/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Skav
We are working on it :)

Not sure if the smiley is an assurance of determination or a symbol of pure evil and malicious intent.
I'm pretty sure there is an easier and better solution than an optional account wipe...
They have our progess on their server, they can just build a check that when you (for example) build an item at the blacksmith give you the achievment if you already don't have it.
There are a lot of ways, account wipe its just LOL

Yes, I agree. I was just saying I would personally like an account wipe, since achievements aren't the only thing messed up. Career stats are messed up for me too and for others, but it seems like no one else notices or cares about that. And while I believe it would be much simpler for them to just write some code to give us the necessary achievements back, I wanted an account wipe for myself regardless of this issue.