BattleTag™ Free Name Change Update

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
You know -- for those of us who didn't play the beta, and mistakenly used our one sacred BattleTag name change after the game launched -- wouldn't it only be fair to give US a third shot at creating a name we're truly happy with? Why offer this to those who only played the beta? Charge us -- if it makes it easier to do so, but please, give us a third chance at creating something we would finally be happy with.
+1 to roan.:)
I too have accidently spelt my nickname in uppercase and wish to change it to lowercase. If there's any way around this please let us know :/
Can you guys fix you're server so I can actually play the game.
I can't change mine, help?
I keep getting the same Error 3007...thought it was just me...please fix this Blizzard :) :) :)
eh i dont wanna change my battle name but someone abused !@# now i cant make my name blsdwarrior for a toon name thats just wrong.
Thank you!
When you change your BattleTag does your list of BattleTag level friends need to be rebuilt, or will it stay there?
Ty so much blizzard <3
Thanks you so very much.

When the beta invite was sent, I was in shock and panic and choose something I didn't want to.

I've sent tickets to support about it. The answer was to wait and that it would be possible once again to change it back. I'm happy that's it's now available.

Thanks!

/ Happy customer!
05/19/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Roan
You know -- for those of us who didn't play the beta, and mistakenly used our one sacred BattleTag name change after the game launched -- wouldn't it only be fair to give US a third shot at creating a name we're truly happy with? Why offer this to those who only played the beta? Charge us -- if it makes it easier to do so, but please, give us a third chance at creating something we would finally be happy with.

Similar happend to me and a "few" more of us is my guess, I came late, got back my old bnet account after it getting hacked and was just eager to get in and play.. I thought it was changeable like a EA Origins account, guess I was wrong, and it does say you can't change it _at this time_ indicating that it's a time cap before changing again? and not that time meaning infinity

I made a ticket about it explaining my situation, In one ticket I "argued" 3 times to get another change, got 3 automated replys from 3 different game masters.

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your BattleTag issue.

Every Battle.net account automatically receives one free BattleTag nickname change, to be used at your discretion. However, once you’ve used your one free BattleTag name change, you will not be able to change it again -- so make sure you’re choosing a nickname you’ll be happy with in the long run. To change your BattleTag after it’s been selected, log in to Battle.net Account Management, go to the Summary page, and click "Change" in the BattleTag section.

For a direct link to change your BattleTag please log into your Battle.net account and visit: https://eu.battle.net/account/management/battletag-modify.html?type=free

For more information please visit our BattleTag FAQ: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/battletagfaq"

Really blizzard?
I bought a game for 60 euros and can't change my name, refund please.
I want to make the "w" in my name a captial letter. s/wethu/Wethu but it wont let me because the availability checker isnt case sensitive and keeps giving the name already in use (by me). Can we please fix? Its not a pressing issue, but id be willing to spend my only free change on it if that helps..

Cheers.
Excellent, I needed that name change after a poor decision in open beta. But I really don't understand why there's a limit at all. If they were doing it to make money ("pay <x>$ to change your name!") that would make sense at least, but no changes at all? Not even if I PAY for one? WHY? What possible reason is there for that limitation?

Every other social network on the internet lets you change your handle as desired. Why is this any different?

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for this opportunity, but shouldn't I be able to do this AT ANY TIME? Do too many name changes collapse the space-time continuum or something? WTF?
Removed comment as the URL issue has been fixed.

Glad to see a free name change!

Thankfully I won't need to use it as my real name has not changed (*joke*).
05/21/2012 05:26 AMPosted by TwoCoins

I haven't changed my SC2 yet, though it is different than my battle tag that I was prompted to create for Diablo. My fear is what you are seeing that the unique identifier number will be different if I did try to match them. Quick question to Blizz, how do we fix that so both games have the same battle tag?

^this why is Blizzard neglecting to answer this issue? It seems pretty straight forward.

because they can spot a troll a mile away?