Let's create a metric - dps / level

Witch Doctor
So I see a lot of people comlaining about the drop off in NM usefulness. I'm wondering if those folks maybe did not keep up their dps as they level up?

So if you could post your dps, level and the new metric.

Dps/lvl = 16.41
Level 31
Dps 509

Just started act 1 nm. Now I know they're are other factors like cc an vitality but lets keep it simple and maybe tackle that later.
Level 41
Dps 700
Level 40
DPS 1239
With group power ups and self normally hit 1500+
Dps/lvl = 39.95
Level 43
Damage 1718
Level 33
DPS 620

My question is, is it better to stack damage or int? thats my damage purely stacking int except for my weapon which is purely dps.
51 / 2034
Level 33
DPS 620

My question is, is it better to stack damage or int? thats my damage purely stacking int except for my weapon which is purely dps.

Well, since both damage and int increase your damage, I would think you would want both. But if you're looking for one stat to stack, int is it.
54/3000
Damage vs int is age old question.

If int increases the percentage of your damage an adding "damage" by it self like +2-3.

If you do 100 damage on your weapon and all your +dmg.
Int is 50, so thats a bonus of %50 (50 dmg points) making that 150 overall.

If I add 10 dmg but no int, 110 dmg, int would add 55, making 165 overall.

If I add 10 int but no dmg, 100 dmg, int adds 60, making 160 dmg overall.

So you can see raw dmg quickly over powers int for raw dps. But then comes magic resistance when adding int. and that can only be answered if you find yourself dying too much but have high vitality / armor.
45/1500 about 33 dps/level. That is unbuffed, of course. I recommend people who like spamming Dire Bats with Soul Harvest stacks up try out a two hander with the highest damage you can find.
51/2800. Just found a nice two hand axe. Once your int gets high enough, any TINY increase in weapon damage becomes massive because of the % increase.