Why do people hate vault?

Demon Hunter
SS is easymode. Most Diablo players are bad. Do the math.

Vault costs less discipline, but isn't as good for avoiding enemy damage/aggro. So a skilled player who doesn't need SS will be more efficient by using Vault.

I'm interested in hearing how you avoid jails by being a skilled player. Genuine question.

He's probably never encountered a champ that jails and one shots you with mortar/arcane sentry/charge/etc.
I use them both. SS is amazing for it's own reason and I like Vault for the extra battlefield mobility. Both amazing and has really increased my survival on Inferno.

SS is easymode. Most Diablo players are bad. Do the math.

Vault costs less discipline, but isn't as good for avoiding enemy damage/aggro. So a skilled player who doesn't need SS will be more efficient by using Vault.

Also I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. ktnxbie
-accidentally hit vault, in the middle of enemies-
-vault back out, very low on discipline, took dmg-
Problem I have with vault is that it makes your character stop for a split second before actually executing the skill, which bugs me to no end honestly. That and the fact that I keep either getting the bug or glitch that makes me vault, then vault right back where I was due to latency or game issues and I die to the boss I am on (Hell Difficulty) or I waste more Discipline so I can get back out again.

I still use it over SS, as it's superior, but I still have problems with it.
I was reluctant to switch from vault to ss, but I'm liking ss more.

I don't think vault is actually *cheaper*, I generally have to use it multiple times to really get out of danger against certain gold mobs which is mostly why I used it in the first place.

If a mob can teleport, I find myself vaulting, and then they are right on me again.

I like ss because I have a lot more choices when I use it. I can get out of harms way, I can set up more traps, or I can position myself better, or I can do all three. Also, because it lasts longer, I'm generating hatred during those few seconds which can actually make a big difference.

With the passive movement skill, I find the mobility to be about the same, it just isn't as vaulting.
lmfao nubs these days