Hacked with an authenticator

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
05/20/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Soulstomper
I can. Can you comprehend that I was stating that an authenticator can be defeated?

It can via Man in the middle attack as Im sure you know. While its not unheard of I'd bet its

05/20/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Seraphi
10 bucks says he has "Don't authenticate everytime" enabled in his account settings.

instead of a MITM attack.
key loggers would go past authencators because they see it too, now they have to be active because in 13 secs, it would go away.

if you got hacked with authencator, restory your system you have a keylogger on it,
I don't use all 3 at the same time. Only 1 is running and the others I use for checks every once in a while, one of which was just a couple days ago. Nothing was wrong.

In normal circumstances the advice some of you are giving would be great, but this is not normal hacking complaints.
People saying Blizzard is ignoring this issue is not very realistic. They are probably trying to find the issue or determine which accounts have been compromised. They will either respond later today or tomorrow with some sort of update as to what's occurred. They are probably also trying to find who the accounts are that started this process, if it is a network of people it can make the process very long to pin-point all the accounts involved.

I am not defending them for taking so long to respond, but I have an appreciation in regards to how long it can take to locate the culprits, how they got in, and how many accounts have been affected by their actions.

There have been multiple hacked MMO games in the past several years, so I don't know why this would surprise anyone.

As far as people claiming they are careful about what they install and what-not. Phishing (attacks) infections can occur without you knowingly installing anything on your computer. You could have a keylogger or other monitoring phishing software on your system for months and never know it since most consumer-grade scanning software won't detect it. If you are running Windows 7 or Vista with UAC turned off your computer is just as vulnerable as Windows XP. Anti-virus/malware software, including both free and paid for, are absolutely worthless because they cannot keep up with the rate at which the different virus/malware/rootkits/phishing software changes.
key loggers would go past authencators because they see it too, now they have to be active because in 13 secs, it would go away.

if you got hacked with authencator, restory your system you have a keylogger on it,

Again I'm not sure how 100's/1000's of people got the same keylogger and they all got hacked at the same time in 1 night. That seems highly unlikely. The FAR more likely answer is that Blizzard has some security holes or some leaks.

l2 to computer and you wont get hacked.

L2 common sense.
noob question but where do you set it to authenticate for each login?
Hi all,

Just got hacked with an authenticator. Blizz told me they haven't detected any suspicious activity. All my items and gold are gone. Diablo = 0/10.

Don't leave your secret decoder ring on you computer, bro.
05/20/2012 01:59 PMPosted by !@#$in
Thank god this happened to somebody with an authenticator as well. Now !@#$ all of you who said "get an auth" to all the previous threads.

I NEVER say "get an authenticator". I always say "Internet Literacy FTW!"
05/20/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Zeidra
I remember when I was young, our games couldn't be hacked. It was called single player, and we liked it.

shhh you'll be burned at the stake for such heresey here!
It will be really funny when these idiots that think Blizzard is the end all be all in security, get their accounts !#*#d just like the rest of us.

There is a breach in the system, you will all find out soon enough...

[quote]l2 to computer and you wont get hacked.

L2 common sense.

L2 BBB rules and regs. If Blizzard wants to stay in business, they are required BY LAW to report any security breaches to the public.
@turtle Jailbroken iPhone?
@fremd

1) I have an authenticator which requires a new number every time I login anywhere, whether it is in Diablo 3, battle.net, anywhere.

2) Yes, I had a suspicious character named "Leiyong" on my recently played list that I have never played with before AFTER the gold and items were taken.

3) Yes, Blizzard fails to realize that any compromise has occured.

If what you're saying is true, this is pretty big. I was about 95% sure it's a problem on Blizzard's end (my account is compromised too) but this bumps it up to about 99.5% as long as you're being 100% truthful.

L2 common sense.

L2 BBB rules and regs. If Blizzard wants to stay in business, they are required BY LAW to report any security breaches to the public.

lol you think that actually matters? How long did Sony take to report their security leak? Thought so. Move along.
05/20/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Abrutas
@turtle Jailbroken iPhone?

THIS will get your account hacked WITH an iPhone authenticator. Happened to a ton of people in WoW when the iOS was updated.