HDD Major-Stuttering Solved (not micro-Stutt)

Technical Support
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
well lol i just ran back to walmart and swapped it for a class 10 since i hadn't opened it yet. so everybody knows class 4 $20, class 6 $25, class 10 $30 for the 16gb

now do i just unistall game and then install it to card?

YES, reinstall the game to the SD card.

Looks like USB flash drives are much cheaper than SD cards, but if you are using a laptop to play the game, the SD card will fit nicely inside the laptop.

Also, you can use the SD card for your digital camera :). If it is a micro-SD with and adapter, then you can use it with other devices (phone, tablet, etc).

Diablo game will only consume half of the memory, you can still use the other half for other purposes.
well lol i just ran back to walmart and swapped it for a class 10 since i hadn't opened it yet. so everybody knows class 4 $20, class 6 $25, class 10 $30 for the 16gb

now do i just unistall game and then install it to card?

YES, reinstall the game to the SD card.

I believe others have just copied/paste the entire diablo folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III" to the flash drive and ran the game from there.

You can try that too. Let us know ..
NOTICE: Pen drive Kingston 8GB Working very well. 4 players in multiplayer, so many mobs, and no lags.

Very ty for fix and posts, helped a lot to me learn how fix it.

Now after 8 days ill play true Diablo 3. Thx.Good look for all
I bought a 16 GB Duracell USB flash drive and copied + pasted the Diablo III folder into it. Still getting the exact same major-stuttering problems that's made the game unplayable for me.

Seeing everyone fix their stuttering problems makes me want to cry...
I bought a 16 GB Duracell USB flash drive and copied + pasted the Diablo III folder into it. Still getting the exact same major-stuttering problems that's made the game unplayable for me.

It seams that your game is still reading from the original installation directory on your local HDD.

Did you try running the game "Diablo III.exe" from the flash drive (good) ? or did you double click the shortcut on your desktop (bad) ?

It seams that your game is still reading from the original installation directory on your local HDD.

Did you try running the game "Diablo III.exe" from the flash drive (good) ? or did you double click the shortcut on your desktop (bad) ?

Running it from the flash drive. :/

Oh by the way, I should mention that I cut + pasted not copy + pasted :(

try:
1) reinstalling the game, and follow original post.
2) recopy the folder back to its original location. then follow original post.
3) install the game directly to the flash drive.

Same.. :/ only i directly installed it to a 16gb Sandisk usb 2.0

Still getting the stutters.. no noticeable difference. I tried the steps directed in the first post but the run codes werent working.

try:
1) reinstalling the game, and follow original post.
2) recopy the folder back to its original location. then follow original post.
3) install the game directly to the flash drive.

I'll try this stuff and get back to you later. Thanks for trying to help even after you fixed your own problems :|

Same.. :/ only i directly installed it to a 16gb Sandisk usb 2.0

Still getting the stutters.. no noticeable difference. I tried the steps directed in the first post but the run codes werent working.

At least i'm not the only one. *sigh*
ame.. :/ only i directly installed it to a 16gb Sandisk usb 2.0

if you are running under windows XP/(VISTA?), then you have to omit the (x86) part.
CityOfNoir

hey i used 8GB pen drive and get some improvement in my fps performance, BUT THIS IS NOT A REAL FIX, game stil stutering\laging, BUT now its 60% better, and this make game total playable ;)
Check this out.

http://tinyurl.com/c4zyorw

And this is on a Caviar Black 500gb first generation (means old)

The reason why they are so low is that the diablo3 is physically on the outer side of the HDD. C: is 60gb os partition and the rest is D: so when the files are on the fastest part on the HDD, the response times are good. Why i installed it there because i didn't see the Change Directory on installation :D

The best case scenario with games is having them installed on the first parts of a separate disk. Reducing seeks times because hdd reads more per spin on the outer side.

And disable your realtime Antivirus protection. Disable Defense+ on Comodo or similar features of other Firewalls which analyze/track files.
This worked for me. I am speechless. No typing can do myself justice compared to how I feel right now. I believe I can fly...

I believe I can touch the sky...

I think about it every night and day...

OK. I'll stop.
This worked for me. I am speechless. No typing can do myself justice compared to how I feel right now. I believe I can fly...

I believe I can touch the sky...

I think about it every night and day...

OK. I'll stop.

Did you just follow the directions of the first post? are you windows 7?

I run windows 7 but when it got to doing the command promps i kept getting a message reading "'run'" is not an actual command, or something along those lines. I'm reinstalling the game directly to my newly purchased 16gig flash drive, but I dont honestly believe it will make a difference.

EDIT: Nope, no real difference. Performing the same actually. I went back and found that some files remained (or something) on my local disc. They were PCtemp files, which also included MPQs.temp. Im transfering them to the 16gig flash i have the game installed on. If its any different I'll make another edit.

EDIT: I transfered the .tempt files to the flash drive along with the whole game. I also turned off my firewalls and antivirus.... things i dont like to do often.

However, from what I can see theres about 50% less stutter. Startup stutter is more or less the same (but i notice that happens on my friends PCs as well, and they dont have the stutter issue we all seem to have). Stutter that occurs from groups of enemies is reduced as well.

So my personal stutter issue is reduced, but not fixed.

I had trouble doing the command prompts listed in the first step. can anybody tell me EXACTLY what you did? Like when you hit enter? what EXACTLY you copy+paste? thanks.
no difference for me either :( i think most part its just laggy servers, because i ran the same area solo and then coop with another person and the stutter was worse

why does it seem to run better in windowed fullscreen vs fullscreen, seems to look the same to me, but fps holds a lil better windowed fullscreen and the fps meter don't bounce crazy like when in fullscreen with vsync
05/25/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Roganseth
I run windows 7 but when it got to doing the command promps i kept getting a message reading "'run'" is not an actual command, or something along those lines.

can you post a picture of that online ?

In the original post, there was nothing concerning a "run" command ?
I had problems doing the MQS shortcut at first; it was a real stupid error on my part (for some reason windows needed the "cd" part to be in caps >_>.

anyway after that I just did the whole game into a class ten 16gb card thing (copy and paste the D3 from Program Files) and it worked better. I restarted the computer after I did the mount and I also changed the hardware class in the D3 txt file that is generated in documents (changed it from 4 to 3) and then restarted the computer and now it is A LOT better.

Also I changed my resolution to one of the non wide screen settings (whilst in full screen) and that really sped it up and it looks nice. I am playing in low settings but that does not bother me at all since the game looks fine. I may try to run Radeon on it or something at a later time to see if I can get rid of the slowdown completely.
how do u run if off the USB drive once you have the files and cmd prompts in. I only moved over the MPQs, theres is no diablo launcher.
:@After all that i cant even run the game... blizzard error appears.
05/25/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Chaosweaver
how do u run if off the USB drive once you have the files and cmd prompts in. I only moved over the MPQs, theres is no diablo launcher.

Seams that you are confused. I would recommend you follow the original post.
If you are only copying the "MPQs" folder to flash, then you need to do the "mklink" step #4 in the original post. All the steps are necessary.