Dual Wield Barbarian Burst DPS Guide.

Barbarian
Hey guys, it's 4 AM and I cannot sleep. So I figured I'd rustle up a guide for a fairly efficient Barbarian Dual Wield Build.

The build is basically a nuke build. Armor health and alot of damage to give you time to nuke down a couple enemies before retreating or dying.

I'll start by stating some basic rules.

1. (This is the most important) Get 2 extremely similar DPS weapons. I roll with ~30-50 dps difference MAXIMUM in inferno, too low of a DPS on one weapon will nerf your damage big time!

2. This build revolves completely around burst and short windows of opportunity to deal massive damage.

3. Make sure your main/offhand weapons are in the right hand. It DOES affect your DPS. Always put each weapon in both hands to see what way gives higher DPS. Wrong hands can result in a DPS loss upwards of 8k. OUCH!

4. Strength is your best friend. So is attack speed.

5. Never underestimate your foes. Think before you charge into the fray.

6. Dual Wielding increases your Attack speed by 15%. Ive found the most effective build is two One-hand Spears.

7. Dual Wielding Yields more DPS than one two-hand weapon. For example you have a 2H axe with 1000 DPS. You get 1000 DPS from it baseline.
If you have 2 1000 DPS one hand weapons you still do 1000 DPS but you get 15% Attack speed extra, and the bonus stats of the second weapon.

Now that that is out of the way I will move onto the abilities I utilize in Inferno.

I would also like to point out that from my observations (no real theorycraft here)

1 Spear + 1 Sword > 2 Spears > 2 Swords > Anything with Axes.

This is just what I notice when toying around with it. Feel free to change the build to your liking, it can be a great lifesteal/regen build as well.

-------DPS Screen Shot--------
http://i46.tinypic.com/igcadi.jpg
-------DPS Screen Shot--------

Left Click - Frenzy + Maniac Rune (+ Damage)
Right Click - Revenge + Provocation Rune (Increased Proc rate)
1 - Battle Rage + Marauder's Rage (+ Damage Bonus)
2 - Ground Stomp + Trembling stomp ( Adds Damage to Ground Stomp)
3 - Ignore Pain + Iron Hide (Increased Duration)
4 - Wrath of the Berserker + Insanity (Increased Damage)
Passive 1 - Unforgiving (This is to keep at max fury for huge openers)
Passive 2 - Weapons Master (Plain and simple, great DPS Passive. Super effextive with 2 weapons, Especially with + AS)
Passive 3 - Berserker Rage (For the solid 25% Damage increase)

-------Abilities and Runes--------
http://i49.tinypic.com/2e4c39t.jpg
-------Abilities and Runes--------

How I fight elite packs with this build:

I pre-buff Battle Rage then run in and ground stomp the pack. I pop Wrath now and DPS down 1 mob. Right as they come out i pop ignore pain and this gives enough time to finish the mob your on and maybe a second mob as well.
Once ignore pain is over, depending on the mob pack you can either Ground stomp when it's up and use Potions and health globes to work on the rest of the pack (If you believe you can kill the remaining mobs). If you do this remember to use Revenge whenever it is up.

If you know or believe you wont be able to finish the pack you can either kite them for 15-20 seconds until your Ignore pain is up again, then pop it and Battle rage. Ground stomp, and work on the next mob, or wait 90 seconds for Wrath to come off cool down and just finish it off then.

YES! YOU WILL DIE HERE AND THERE!

This is the point of Diablo. If you don't want to die roll a Wiz or w/e IDK.

Post Questions Below.
No Flaming
No Trolling
No QQ
Constructive Feedback/Critisism only.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Will update, too tired to think of anything else at the moment, but I'm sure you will all have great questions on which I can build on.

Add me in-game for help/tips or questions.

_______________________UPDATE___________________________

I just cleared through inferno Act 1 tonight. Pretty easy. Didn't find a pack I couldn't take down. Farmed Butcher 4 times now, pretty easy. Will update further as I progress
How far into Inferno are you able to progress with this build?

Looks like it might plateau in Act II without millions in good resist all gear.
I only hit inferno tonight, and I'm right at the butcher, havent tried him yet but took out Skeleton king first try in about 20-25 seconds. I plan on upgrading my gear before I progress further. I'm only using 650-690 dps weapons. Theres alot of upgrades for me that I plan on getting first.
Also I'd like to say My ammy gives + 12% life and 300 armor and my rings both give +6% life, its really good to get + life % on a few pieces of gear and stack Str Vit on everything else. Will probably invents in some Str Vit Int gear though soon enough
Weapon Master doesn't give bonuses only for your MH ?
05/28/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Jayseric
Weapon Master doesn't give bonuses only for your MH ?

Sorry I'm tired. Missed that. Will change. Thanks. :)
http://i.imgur.com/ZrlGf.png

leet dps mode
Bump. Sleep now.
been usin the dual wield as well at some point its good for act1. wont work act2 like nto at all. but great for farming if u have 2 simliar 1h.

allthough if i may suggest get side arm with frenzy. u are so high on dps allready u dont need the extra 20% of frenzy while the aoe of side arm is so damn good especially with that speed atking build. No really side arm.

and i dotn see what the point in unforgiving is tbh.. sure u need rage to fight the start but thats why u bump into nromal mobs before u go on the elite rather get thou as nails for more surviability or and thats what i recommend Pound of Flesh.

also i think brawler > berserker rage.
been usin the dual wield as well at some point its good for act1. wont work act2 like nto at all. but great for farming if u have 2 simliar 1h.

allthough if i may suggest get side arm with frenzy. u are so high on dps allready u dont need the extra 20% of frenzy while the aoe of side arm is so damn good especially with that speed atking build. No really side arm.

and i dotn see what the point in unforgiving is tbh.. sure u need rage to fight the start but thats why u bump into nromal mobs before u go on the elite rather get thou as nails for more surviability or and thats what i recommend Pound of Flesh.

also i think brawler > berserker rage.

Actually when I need AoE I pick up the Battle Shout Rune that creates explosions on crits and keeps frenzy's high dmg. still get the aoe, just from a different spell.

probably works out to the same though
Brawler is good against packs, but when your against 1 or 2 enemies its not. its worth the 5% dps loss to have a damage boost at all times, usually when packs are big enough they die fast anyways.

And even if i hit normal mobs, when i enter the fight im not at ax fury, even after 2 seconds. its there to keep your fury maxed always. the firs few seconds of a fight with a rare mob are crucial, its all about getting as much dps out as fast as possible.
bump this shizzit
I wouldn't recommend Brawler due to the small range the enemies have to be. Dual wielding works fine in Act I inferno, but its not very viable in Act II.
05/28/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Rayleigh
I wouldn't recommend Brawler due to the small range the enemies have to be. Dual wielding works fine in Act I inferno, but its not very viable in Act II.

I'll prove you wrong.
Its a fun run.. until you get to act II then its gg.. its not possible without resists.. i can run through act 2 now because i got my all of my resists 900~1000+ w/ war cry..
05/28/2012 02:41 AMPosted by ColeTrain
3. Make sure your main/offhand weapons are in the right hand. It DOES affect your DPS. Always put each weapon in both hands to see what way gives higher DPS. Wrong hands can result in a DPS loss upwards of 8k. OUCH!

05/28/2012 02:41 AMPosted by ColeTrain
Passive 2 - Weapons Master (Plain and simple, great DPS Passive. Super effextive with 2 weapons, Especially with + AS)

I thought this at first as well, but this is incorrect information. Weapon stats in both hands are added to your stats. Also, weapons with differant weapon damage, if you switch from left hand to right hand no change will happen to your overall damage. The damage change is happening because of your passive "Weapons Master" which only picks up the bonus based off of your main hand weapon. when checking you're weapon damage to a differant weapon type, make sure Weapons Master is off or you'll have bunk stats.

IE Sword MH Axe OH = 15% damage bonus (to overall damage)
axe MH sword OH = +10% crit chance
Don't see how it's 'bunk stats' if im using weapons master, the stats are correct, as thats what im using. thats like saying having a +10% damage buff at all times is 'bunk stats' when you look at them.

This build is about solid burst dmg, not crits and abilities that feed off them.

I thought this at first as well, but this is incorrect information. Weapon stats in both hands are added to your stats. Also, weapons with differant weapon damage, if you switch from left hand to right hand no change will happen to your overall damage. The damage change is happening because of your passive "Weapons Master" which only picks up the bonus based off of your main hand weapon. when checking you're weapon damage to a differant weapon type, make sure Weapons Master is off or you'll have bunk stats.

IE Sword MH Axe OH = 15% damage bonus (to overall damage)
axe MH sword OH = +10% crit chance
Bump this !@#$. Goodnight!