Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning

Demon Hunter
My new favorite AOE. Twinz Chakram was really impressing me but this takes the cake. The orb zaps and hits at least twice (maybe more if the monster moves along with it), but definately clears a room. At first glance, I shot it with no monsters around I was like hmm... maybe this is going to suck. As soon as the monsters come around this Orb... turns into a "crystal ball". Remember those crystal balls when you were a kid, you touch your hand to it and light shoots out at all angles... well this is what these orbs do, they reach out and chain Zap everything it passes by and usually hits them twice, because it moves slow. So SICK.
Can't wait.

Just got the twin chakrams and I'm lovin that, but all my higher level builds lean on elemental arrow in some form...glad it's workin out.
Reminds me of frozen orb from D2. I actually just made a post wondering what people have been using. Ball lightning has been my preference so far. It actually seems really good single target as well especially on larger mobs/bosses.
amazing skill even at higher levels. frost arrow is amazing too but cant hit same mob more than once
Ball Lightning = Lightning Orb

Its amazing. Just spam them down a corridor and everything dies. Its 1/4 the hatred cost of Multishot and without the aiming hassles of Chakram.
I've been struggling to justify the use of any other ability since getting. It's really just that good.
05/15/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Raijinvince
I've been struggling to justify the use of any other ability since getting. It's really just that good.

Seems like single target is really only useful for small mobs or if there legimately is only one target on the screen which is rare.
Hey Rüthless... Thanks for sharing this skill. I didnt know it was so cool after reading ur thread and try it out. Cool skill !
This skill is soooooooo good, it will get nerfed soon. I just know it!
After finding out this rune for elemental arrow .. I finish act3 and act4 in 3 hours. This skill is totally OP and it will be hit with the nerf hammer pretty soon.
Make sure to come back here and write what you think about the skill after you are halfway through hell.
The one thing I see Twin Chakrams having over this is the fact that Ball Lightning moves pretty slow so you either gotta be semi-close to mobs to get it to hit fast, or you have to spam a few at mobs that are going to run towards you.

With Chakram you can just aim it and bam spiraling death.
Twin chakram can deal some pretty wide and crazy damage but if it hits a wall good bye blades. I just unlocked this orb and it as good as you people say... Seems more like a wizard spell honestly so I hope i am not stuck with this for too long
05/17/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Samus
Twin chakram can deal some pretty wide and crazy damage but if it hits a wall good bye blades. I just unlocked this orb and it as good as you people say... Seems more like a wizard spell honestly so I hope i am not stuck with this for too long

You can lose a blade if you shoot it into a wall, but its very possible to use it to shoot around walls.
Rapid fire with fire support is best hands down for me atm.

Level 38 1400dps @6.3k hp in 2nd act NM.

Current build Im in love with

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acXdhl!bYe!bbbbZa
Multishot is cooler in my opinion.
I've been shooting this out like a sorc shooting out frozen orb in d2. I love it!!
Well, by the way everyone is talking about it, it will get nerfed soon and back to Chakrams !
I really prefer multi-shot over this because of the instant action of it but this is a nice skill.

It is basically a lightning equivalent of the cold orb in d2.