The Witch Doctor is Such a Nice Guy

Witch Doctor
When I first read the class description and all of his spells, I thought the Witch Doctor was going to be some sinister, savage kinda guy... But I gotta say, having heard all his dialogue, he is such a polite and honest dude. Are the other classes this nice? He looks so scary, what with the tribal garb, the strange mojo's, the early on-set Parkinson's... (maybe a little more than on-set)... but really he is just such a sweet guy. How do you all feel about this? Personally I find the juxtaposition between his dark aesthetic and kind nature hilarious, but also endearing.
I do think they sorta missed the mark in terms of immersion with the witch doctor.
See: NumPad

Be my shadow.
This is for you.
Thank You.
My mistake.
This will be yours.
Thank you.
I go now.
Your time is short.
Get going!
A moment.
It is time.
05/17/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Zub
Personally I find the juxtaposition between his dark aesthetic and kind nature hilarious, but also endearing.

I second this. He is humble and genuinely good and pure. In my opinion, the perfect type of mindset to be facing the hordes of hell as the saviour of man.
I just wish he was slightly less wise and slightly more crazy. But I don't mind his personality.
I laughed my head off when I found the Scoundral and heard his and the WD conversation.
I think the "surprise" is due to people associating witch doctors to voodoo and voodoo to something evil/wrong. They are just doctors people! (who throw jars of spiders and fire bats and control the dead)
05/17/2012 11:22 AMPosted by eldiablo
I think the "surprise" is due to people associating witch doctors to voodoo and voodoo to something evil/wrong. They are just doctors people! (who throw jars of spiders and fire bats and control the dead)

I guess we see the 'witch' part and forget about the 'doctor' part.
He's such a sweety.

Kinda odd for the guy who summons zombies and flaming bats and throws exploding toads at people.
I like him.

Sure, the villainous guy is fun to play sometimes, but his "best of both worlds" aspect is great. Dark powers + a good personality = a really fun guy.
05/17/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Moridin
I laughed my head off when I found the Scoundral and heard his and the WD conversation.

Scoundrel: Do you think it's possible for an amazing woman like you and a fellow like me to become more than friends?
WD: No.
Scoundrel: You're missing out!
WD: No, I'm not.

I guess we see the 'witch' part and forget about the 'doctor' part.

Haha too true....the Doc is only missing his monocle and top hat.