AH charging the wrong amount for commodities

Bug Report
I just bought some gems on the AH, each time a different stack amount, and I have noticed that I am getting charged more than the "buyout" price listed when I'm doing the search.

For example, I did a search for Radiant Topaz in a quantity of 10, and it gave me a price of 16,890 (or 1689 each). So I bought it, and the transaction went through. But when I check it on the completed tab, I see that I was charged 19,386, almost 3K more than the quoted price.

I suspect that this might be that the price I found on the search was not available anymore, but even if that is the case, the AH should not still charge for the higher price since I didn't agree to it.

In this case, the price difference wasn't a huge deal to me, but I don't like the idea of not knowing how much I'll actually be paying. Also, if the RMAH works the same way, I think it would be an even bigger problem - for example someone tries to buy some gems for $20 but then end up getting charged $25.
Ok, I just realized that I am also seeing some gold refunds in my AH activity that may explain the gold price difference that I see quoted vs. charged. That would be better, but if that is what is happening then that's pretty confusing.
I'm having the same issue. I searched for flawless ruby, price was 680, i bought it. Then I searched for perfect ruby, price was 1000, I bought it. If i look at my transaction history it says 1000 and 1775 respectively. I had a refund sent to me as well, but it doesn't add up ( i can non longer see the amount either). It also didn't say what it was for.. i'm assuming the failed bid i have.

This DOES NOT inspire confidence. No way I'm spending real money this way. Especially since it doesn't seem like there is a way to submit a ticket! It directed me here.