Haedrig Eamon, Blacksmith or Agent of Evil?

Lore and Story
Greetings all.

About to start up my Hell run on my Wizard, plowed through the story twice on Normal, once on Nightmare. All the dialogue, NPC banter, and the like are pretty fresh in my mind. After these play-throughs I've come to only one conclusion :

Haedrig Eamon, the Blacksmith, is definitely an agent of evil not unlike Adria.

Why you ask?

Here's why :

-Haedrig Eamon is the last living Eamon (we all know what happens to his wife). He knew that his Grandfather, Chancellor Eamon, was buried with the Black King's Crown in order to prevent Leoric from ever coming back as a zombie-king. YET, he didn't know which crypt he was buried in?

"Oh hey adventurer, the crown you need is in the Eamon crypt in the graveyard. Which one? **** if I know dude, just go get it."

No, wrong. Haedrig definitely knew which crypt contains his grandfather, I mean he was a Chancellor and not to mention Haedrig's deceased father might probably be in the same tomb; family tombs work like that.

Gaming element or not, Haedrig did not even attempt to warn the adventurer of the possible several other crypts that look exactly like the one containing the crown thus forcing the adventurer to check every last tomb. Kinda dumb if Haedrig wants vengeance and ultimately safety for the people of New Tristram.

-He can't repair. Anything.

We have a skilled blacksmith who by all accounts can forge armor and weapons with magical attributes and by all means can take them apart, stripping them of their magical attributes into raw materials to be used in crafting.

The adventurer pays for this blacksmith's studies; the adventurer even goes out of his way to collect blacksmithing plans, tomes, pages all for the hopes that Haedrig will learn from this and be able to become a better craftsman.

Yet we're to believe he doesn't know how to fix dented, broken, or fractured armor?

The little girl vendor in Act 2 can repair gear, but Haedrig Eamon can't? Or maybe its just that he WON'T.

He can create weapons out of literally dust, teeth, eyeballs, and pages but he CAN'T REPAIR GEAR?

-He has to be evil.

He measured the adventurer's will by seeing if they would assist in helping him MURDER HIS OWN WIFE.

Knew all too well that the crown necessary for cleansing the evil in the Cathedral was located in the Eamon family tomb, but just so happened not to specify where?

He then assists the adventurer, the one who has vowed to save New Tristram, and by extension, all of Sanctuary, yet forces them to not only pay for gear (that may or may not have the right stats) but pay for his studies too?

And that ends my argument. Regardless of what any of you say, the truest evils are usually the closest.

Mark my words, Haedrig Eamon will be a boss in Act 5 of the expansion. He's just far too evil to overlook.
No the true boss of Act 5 will be that demented jeweller. It's obvious that he's the actual belial and the one we killed was just an imposter.
05/20/2012 01:29 PMPosted by TheBaron
No the true boss of Act 5 will be that demented jeweller. It's obvious that he's the actual belial and the one we killed was just an imposter.

No, it's OBVIOUS that's he's the Xiansai deity, Zei -The Trickster god who sometimes travels as a merchant collecting jewels.

The Witchdoctor said some of the "spirits" that speak to him had met Shen before, and that they did not agree whether he was a man or not.
And don't forget about his 'disappeared' pupil
Greetings all.

About to start up my Hell run on my Wizard, plowed through the story twice on Normal, once on Nightmare. All the dialogue, NPC banter, and the like are pretty fresh in my mind. After these play-throughs I've come to only one conclusion :

Why you ask?

Here's why :

-Haedrig Eamon is the last living Eamon (we all know what happens to his wife). He knew that his Grandfather, Chancellor Eamon, was buried with the Black King's Crown in order to prevent Leoric from ever coming back as a zombie-king. YET, he didn't know which crypt he was buried in?

"Oh hey adventurer, the crown you need is in the Eamon crypt in the graveyard. Which one? **** if I know dude, just go get it."

No, wrong. Haedrig definitely knew which crypt contains his grandfather, I mean he was a Chancellor and not to mention Haedrig's deceased father might probably be in the same tomb; family tombs work like that.

Gaming element or not, Haedrig did not even attempt to warn the adventurer of the possible several other crypts that look exactly like the one containing the crown thus forcing the adventurer to check every last tomb. Kinda dumb if Haedrig wants vengeance and ultimately safety for the people of New Tristram.

We have a skilled blacksmith who by all accounts can forge armor and weapons with magical attributes and by all means can take them apart, stripping them of their magical attributes into raw materials to be used in crafting.

The adventurer pays for this blacksmith's studies; the adventurer even goes out of his way to collect blacksmithing plans, tomes, pages all for the hopes that Haedrig will learn from this and be able to become a better craftsman.

Yet we're to believe he doesn't know how to fix dented, broken, or fractured armor?

The little girl vendor in Act 2 can repair gear, but Haedrig Eamon can't? Or maybe its just that he WON'T.

He can create weapons out of literally dust, teeth, eyeballs, and pages but he CAN'T REPAIR GEAR?

-He has to be evil.

He measured the adventurer's will by seeing if they would assist in helping him MURDER HIS OWN WIFE.

Knew all too well that the crown necessary for cleansing the evil in the Cathedral was located in the Eamon family tomb, but just so happened not to specify where?

He then assists the adventurer, the one who has vowed to save New Tristram, and by extension, all of Sanctuary, yet forces them to not only pay for gear (that may or may not have the right stats) but pay for his studies too?

And that ends my argument. Regardless of what any of you say, the truest evils are usually the closest.

Mark my words, Haedrig Eamon will be a boss in Act 5 of the expansion. He's just far too evil to overlook.

I find that REALLY hard to believe.
Greetings all.

Why you ask?

Here's why :

-He has to be evil.

I find that REALLY hard to believe.

But you'll accept that Adria pulled Diablo's soul back out of the abyss?
If this comes to fruition, I rescind all of my complaints about blizzard's horrible writing in the D3 story line.

Because this... this right here.. pure genius.