2H xBow and Quiver vs Dual 1H Question

Demon Hunter
So i have a 2h xbow it has 86.3 dps 10-24 arc dmg, 33 dex. i also have a quiver with 55dex and 11 attk speed. my overall dmg is 919 at lvl 37. I just got 2 1h bows, 1 has 59.1 dmg 43 dex and 7% attk speed, the other has 54.6dmg and 48 dex with 10%attk speed. the overall dmg for that is 628, why did it drop so much, just a little confused.
Because the damage is so drastically different. When you use duel 1H crossbows, you only fire the one with the higher base damage. Which for you is about a 20 damage difference. The calculator doesn't really take into effect the offhand like it should I think. In general 2h bows are stronger for demon hunter, and usually do more damage when using skills. Duel wielding crossbows isn't ever worth it unless they are BOTH REALLY STRONG, otherwise you will see a large drop in damage.
Pretty obvious. Your quiver and 2h xbow both deliver extra dex. 88dex, to be precise. That is an 88% extra damage on top of what you already have.

The difference in the display is that Dex is not accounted for in the number displayed on the weapon. The weapon may have a lower DPS number showing, but thanks to its +dex, it is amplified strongly as soon as you equip it.

Hope that clarifies.

EDIT: plus what ^ he said.
Im pretty sure that you fire duel xbows in an alternating fashion (i had poison on one and lightning on the other and the effects hit separately).

Not sure how DPS is accounted for here.
i have a question on a related matter. as i have noticed, along with you all, wielding a 1h xbow in each hand is not effective at all when you compare it to a 2h bow and quiver. I have been playing with the notion of equipping a shield in my off hand slot with a dex bonus to boost my defense, as i die quickly. I haven't tried this yet, though, so i was wondering if anyone else had anything to say regarding this matter. I hope to hear from my fellow geeks soon =).
@ eljosho.

As a demon hunter, you should learn to kite well. You shouldn't be taking any hits at all.
Most people take in Vita and mix it with dex so you can survive better.
With all the cc that Demon hunter has (smoke screen, vault, caltrop) nothing should be going near you at all...

2nd, 2h xbox+quiver is better with damage items like multi shot as it does more base damage which makes it better. (1 hit ko on mobs)

2 1hxbox will be better for stuff that you want to spam like chakram or rapid fire or something that needs hatred fast.

My friend is a DH also and he uses a 2h xbox+quiver while I use 2 1hxbox, His multi shot does A LOT more since his damage is like 200 higher than mine right now (we're 30s).
But for shooting for As (i'm faster ofc) and spamming twin chakram, I can spam more since I shoot a lot faster than he does.

(i'm not a pro at this but this is my insight to your questions)
I get what your saying loveyuri, but there are some monsters that will gib your !@# no matter what. Especially those tongue thingy's.
05/18/2012 06:24 PMPosted by N00bsauce
I have never found a reason to use 2 1h crossbows over 1 crossbow/bow + quiver. My dps has always been better using a quiver. I have been using a 1h crossbow with a quiver for most of the game.

I also just found a 1hxbow that paired with a quiver increased my dps by like 1k at lv45, and I feel that if a 1h + quiver can work well also if you dont have a better 2h.
I use a one handed CX because the specs are so great and Damage is 69.1 with Dex, Speed, and Life Leech ... it was a good find ... quiver with Dex and Speed, plus Emeralds all around = DPS X A LOT
05/18/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Checkmarks
I have never found a reason to use 2 1h crossbows over 1 crossbow/bow + quiver. My dps has always been better using a quiver. I have been using a 1h crossbow with a quiver for most of the game.

I also just found a 1hxbow that paired with a quiver increased my dps by like 1k at lv45, and I feel that if a 1h + quiver can work well also if you dont have a better 2h.

If you have a 1h that is such a huge upgrade over 2h with a quiver then chances are you can easily find an even better 2h on the AH for cheap.
My dps at my leve in nightmare used to be pathetic around 598. Went to the AH and bought a sick bow that boosted it to like 1048, made all the mobs sooo much easier.
CAN i just add something that nobody in this thread has picked up on yet about the 1 handed xbows......

HATRED REGENERATION

1 handed xbows, cloaks and quivers are the only place you will find hatred regeneration, and from digging around on the web, the top tier hatred generation affix will offer the mod +2.68-3.33 Hatred generated per second.Which is pretty sick and will boost your dps as you wont be starved of hatred doing constant dps.

Demon Hunters suffer alot from hatred regeneration, so i wouldnt right off the 1 hands just yet, do some math, im to lazy but my bet is youll see them in end game long boss fights. I can see this being the most important stat over pure dps.

Any thoughts?????????
I agree. Hatred regeration will be a big thing. Though as you can see there really isnt much of it until you get up higher level. So you will have to pick and choose between 2hXBow and 1hXBow for the best highest DPS.
When you dual wield, you do get an automatic 15% atk speed boost. That's a better atk speed boost than the 11% I'm getting out of quivers these days. And both crossbows benefit from the +dex on either bow. However, when dual wielding, you make half your attacks with your better xbow and half your attacks with your worse xbow. This is why, unless your xbows are very very close in DPS, you're better off just using your better xbow full time.

Quoted from a post that was also talking about the benefits of 1h vs 2h.
(http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149618116#new-post)
05/19/2012 11:24 AMPosted by FiendGore
When you dual wield, you do get an automatic 15% atk speed boost. That's a better atk speed boost than the 11% I'm getting out of quivers these days. And both crossbows benefit from the +dex on either bow. However, when dual wielding, you make half your attacks with your better xbow and half your attacks with your worse xbow. This is why, unless your xbows are very very close in DPS, you're better off just using your better xbow full time.

Quoted from a post that was also talking about the benefits of 1h vs 2h.
(http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149618116#new-post)

I tried 2 1hbows, it decreased my dps a lot .
I'm 37 right now and I'm using quiver+bow,dps is about 1150