I feel as if they are forcing me to use AH..

Items and Crafting
I just finally got to Hell difficulty last night and wow did Nightmare gear not prepare me for this. You know why it didn't? Becuase the loot is junk. I thought maybe it would change once I got to Hell mode, nope.

I'm 53, just killed SK in Hell, and when blues drop do you know what level they are? Levels 30-45 so far. I think I've seen maybe a couple level 50 items which, hilariously are always int gear(I'm a Barb.)

It was the same in Nightmare for the most part, I was in my high 40's and seeing gear drop for level 30's in Act 3/4. What is this? I'm all for random loot/get lucky that is part of Diablo but at least drop gear that is RELAVANT to the current level of content.

I thought maybe crafting would be my savior but I found that I was severely c-blocked in Nightmare when the levels started needing tomes to upgrade instead of pages. Then factor in the ridiculous costs to make the gear that will come out usually 80% of the time as completely useless, it is a waste to salvage. I just vendor everything now, why waste thousands of gold making things that don't work when I can spend thousands and get guaranteed items that are good?

I'm still holding out on the AH, I feel like it's cheating, but this game is not giving me anything to work with. Please tweak the loot tables to at least drop items that are close to current level content, not stuff from 10-15 levels ago.

Am I alone in thinking this? Anyone else NOT want to have to resort to AH and actually find/craft gear that is useful?
/signed. Not only do the blues lag behind about 10 levels, but the fact that the bosses have less of a chance to drop rares than champion packs is absolutely ridiculous. Ffs, Diablo doesn't even drop rares or even any decent blues. I don't seem to understand the logic in that.

I'm only on hell act 1, but I have friends who have reported that about 90% of their blue drops in inferno act 2+ were level 50-55...ridiculous. I feel like the AH is going to become extremely inflated because of this.
Farm NM for what? Did you not read what I wrote? It doesn't even drop gear that would match a characters current level. I'm in Hell Act 1, level 53 and the majority of blues are for levels 42-45. Those do me no good, going back to NM would only give me even WORSE items.

A character cannot progress under their own power for crap with the current system. I'm not asking for god gear, I'm just asking that things drop that are within 5 levels of what the level requirements for that act are.

AH feels cheap, it ruins the game for me. I want to adventure and find/craft things under my own power that help me succeed, not spend 50k on something that dropped in Inferno diffuculty and faceroll my way across the game.
Farm NM for what? Did you not read what I wrote? It doesn't even drop gear that would match a characters current level. I'm in Hell Act 1, level 53 and the majority of blues are for levels 42-45. Those do me no good, going back to NM would only give me even WORSE items.

A character cannot progress under their own power for crap with the current system. I'm not asking for god gear, I'm just asking that things drop that are withing 5 levels of what the level requirements for that act are.

AH feels cheap, it ruins the game for me. I want to adventure and find/craft things under my own power that help me succeed, not spend 50k on something that dropped in Inferno diffuculty and faceroll my way across the game.

Agreed. The fact that people are bidding on things in auction for days at time is so pathetic. Play the dame game and youll get good stuff eventually, i hate relying on other players which is why i dont play wow. Im only on normal though so i havent experienced this problem yet
With the current 10+ level lag on item drops, I feel like this is turning into a pay to win game. Either suffer ridiculous hard times trying to grind through a game on cruddy gear that you've been using for the last 10 levels because you can't find anything better/craft anything better or save all money and just buy gear all the time.

I feel like I'm being punished for trying to play Diablo like it was meant to be played. Like I said earlier, I don't mind random loot, or that legendaries etc are super rare. Fine with me, just let stuff drop that is actually of MY LEVEL or within 5 levels of my character. Please.
I totally agree.

I'm LVL 58 and I wouldn't even be in Hell if it wasn't for buying stuff from the AH.

However, I make money off of lower levels by selling junk in the AH. I'm not so proud of it...

:(
Completely Agree. Coming from D2 you could find or MF your way to good loot, and trade with others to get more stuff. I feel like trading in D2 was better because it gave person to person interaction, and gold wasnt important. I like item for item trades more than coverting everything to cash and using it at the AH, especially now when you can use cash to purchase items, it becomes pay to play.

Pretty frustrating when they changed the "way you are supposed to play" to use the AH, when the ones that came drom D1/D2 think of it as cheating.
The items that are in the AH are also "LOOT" so that's not junk you are unlucky deal with it.
05/22/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Dreadspectre
I feel like I'm being punished for trying to play Diablo like it was meant to be played. Like I said earlier, I don't mind random loot, or that legendaries etc are super rare. Fine with me, just let stuff drop that is actually of MY LEVEL or within 5 levels of my character. Please.

The problem now my friend, using the AH is the way blizzard intended you to play the game...

Even though that is a huge departure than what us D2 folk are used to.
05/22/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Arnaldium
The items that are in the AH are also "LOOT" so that's not junk you are unlucky deal with it.

It's loot from Inferno and Act 4 Hell. In order to get gear to progress through current level content, you need to buy stuff from people that are getting drops from 3-4 Acts ahead of you or in the next difficulty tier.

Do you not see how this is a problem?

I don't want super gear, I don't want "welfare" legendaries etc.

I just want some damn blues to drop that are actually useful instead of 10 levels behind my character ALL THE TIME. I can seriously count on one hand and still have some fingers left the amount of times I've seen anything that was even level 50 drop in Hell so far in Act 1.

Hell, the blues are still salvaging into Nightmare mode materials, I can't even attempt to craft gear, not that it helps anyway when I've mentioned before that you can easily drop 50k making garbage or take the same 50k to the AH and walk away with 1-2 good items.